The Shoot The Bull Thread

Roybrew

Aha! Success! Finally I have mastered a sturdy and comfortable canoe seat. The other one is in the process of staining and then I'll have to weave and install it. Then I will be exploring ways to make a back rest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SharBear

Over the years I have come to feel that some of you are my friends. Though we aint met I still feel close to yall and wonder whas up in your world. Several of the forums I visit have a off topic say hello kind of thing so I am gonna try to start one here. Drop a note from time to time just to say hi and let us know what ya up to.
I enjoy reading your posts and decided to drop you a note. I have been getting ready for some summer fun. Got our boat out of storage and making plans to put it in the water this weekend.

Cappy

For us its mostly all but summer fun in the summer heat we keep a low profile. I wooped our boat into shape got a new trolling motor and de gunked the carbs and have it running good but mostly in the summer we just go for a few boat rides and do our fishing and such fall to spring. An aluminum boat in 90 plus degree weather with high humidity aint no fun and can actually burn ya.

Cappy

Just got me a new pair of hiking boots.:Smile2: ma ole ones are all but wore out. I wear them every day and they made it 5 years or so. I dont even own a pair of tenny shoes. just dress shoes for church and such crocs for slippers and a pair of moccasins for between. The wife has a closet full of shoes some she says are not comfortable but cute????? I dont get it. My old ones are now regulated to yard work and grass cutting ad such while my new ones are getting broke in on out and about days.

Cappy

Umm sorry Mac but I aint showing ya my wifes shoes or breast. :p This is my hiking boot of choice they fit good support my bad ankles and last a good while my new pair is like my fourth pair maybe more I wear them till they have holes in the soles and begin to come unglued then get some new ones retiring the old pair to limited duty like grass cutting yard work and jeep riding etc. until the new ones get scuffed and worn enough to take over that duty and become my work shoes.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/timberland™-mens-flume-mid-hiking-boots#repChildCatSku=016613408

Cappy

Got up to 93F today dont sound like much to some of you desert rats but when ya add in 70+% humidity that makes it feel like triple digits and it aint even summer yet we waited till like 1800 before we went out to muck out the blue berry patch and plant the summer garden Way too hot way too early.:beers1::beer3:

Roybrew

Whew boy! 93° that's got to suck. Plus y'all getting all that moisture from the gulf. We been getting lots of rain in east TN from that storm that come up from gulf, but it's only been in low 80's here. The humidity sure sucks tho, like breathing through a warm wet dish rag.

I was going to do a 2 day river trip and camp on an island over night, but couldn't get any one to go and the rain really mucked the river up. So I'm putting hardwood floors in the 2 back bedrooms. I did the front of house last year. This should eliminate all the carpet in the house, good riddens to it.

Cappy

ye I pulled all the carpet out years ago. We lived on the slab for a couple years saving up money to go back with tiles we sure never regretted it. Peggy was very clean with the carpet and we had a steam cleaner for the stuff we were horrified at the filth laying below it. I will never own carpet again.

Grandpa

I agree Cappy and to think our little ones were crawling around on that filth. We (as in she) vacuumed every day and we also had a steam cleaner for periodic cleaning and yet, the amount of dirt that did not get picked up was sickening. Now, with the hardwood, we can see how much daily accumulation builds and its easy to clean it up.

MacGyver

The dirt under the carpet reminds me of how mattresses gain weight over time. Something like 20 pounds every 10 years. Dead skin, sweat and other secretions (really don't want to think too hard on that) add up.

Cappy

We have always used one of those quilted rubberized mattress pads under our bottom sheet on our mattress We have 2 for each bed put one on wash the other that has saved our mattress from a number of accidents not to mention the skin and stuff

MacGyver

I'm wondering if this is just my imagination. Ever since Dick's Sporting Goods decided to destroy a bunch of rifles and change the age at which people can buy 'em, I'm hearing a LOT more of their ads on the radio. Anyone else notice this? They're claiming that gun sales are up, but I refuse to believe that. I just can't picture people who wouldn't otherwise want a gun suddenly decide to buy one just to slap back at the NRA.

Grandpa

Couldn't say because I have not been back to Dicks since that whole episode took place. I never bought any guns or ammo at Dicks anyway because I could always get a better deal at the local farm and ranch store. My son in law's, the coach, high school used to order all their sports uniforms through Dick's and that ceased immediately.

MacGyver

Couldn't say because I have not been back to Dicks since that whole episode took place.
Me either - and that's not going to change.
I never bought any guns or ammo at Dicks anyway because I could always get a better deal at the local farm and ranch store.
I bought 40 rounds of 7.62 from them once - and only because I was going camping, had planned to go to the range and found myself short on rounds. Paid WAY more than online!
My son in law's, the coach, high school used to order all their sports uniforms through Dick's and that ceased immediately.
That made me smile. Some of these corporations don't have a clue. Why would anyone piss off the people who help keep their lights on?

Roybrew

Wow I bet I ain't fired a gun 10 years. I have an old 16 gage shotgun, and a couple of old antique pistols. Been thinking I may need to start deer hunting. There's a lot of them around waiting to jump out in front of a vehicle. Better get them before they get me.

Went for a great bicycle ride yesterday in Virginia on the Creeper trail. It used to be a railroad line, and the town purchased the bridges after it shut down and keep the trail maintained. Brings in lots of money for that little town. Not a strenuous ordeal, but it's great enjoyment. We brought our bicycles and caught a shuttle to the top of White Top mnt. It was an 18 mile ride back mostly down hill. There are over 20 bridges you have to cross before getting back to the small town. The Appalachian trail crosses near the town.