Winter Thoughts Jan 2019

Cappy

I never really gave it much thought but I guess being exposed to lots of kids can be tough on ones immune system.A couple healthy tips to strengthen your system are: silver biotics, echinacea, elderberry extract and avoid sugar as much as yo can. Older ya get the harder to avoid germs it gets. Trust me this stuff makes a difference. The way I know to spell them is they are lined up in the cabinet above me. Oh and thanks for what you do:beer3::Yo:

Grandpa

Sorry about the Crud Ponderosa. Several schools in the area have closed because of the flu. And as for the roads......whew. We were coming from Salt Lake yesterday. I 15 was terrible. We got within 200 yards of our exit when we hit the blockage. Malad Pass was closed and a semi jackknifed on the off ramp so they could not reroute anyone. We had to wait two hours until they could get a big wrecker from Utah to get the trucks off the off ramp. They then used State troopers to pilot traffic over the pass. Meanwhile, Son-in- law and his girls high school basketball team bus were off the road near Burley. They finally made it to Boise. I just hope they are ready to play today. (State Tournaments). We got about a foot of new snow and now it is starting to rain. This is NOT camping weather.

ponderosa

Sorry about the Crud Ponderosa. Several schools in the area have closed because of the flu. And as for the roads......whew. We were coming from Salt Lake yesterday. I 15 was terrible. We got within 200 yards of our exit when we hit the blockage. Malad Pass was closed and a semi jackknifed on the off ramp so they could not reroute anyone. We had to wait two hours until they could get a big wrecker from Utah to get the trucks off the off ramp. They then used State troopers to pilot traffic over the pass. Meanwhile, Son-in- law and his girls high school basketball team bus were off the road near Burley. They finally made it to Boise. I just hope they are ready to play today. (State Tournaments). We got about a foot of new snow and now it is starting to rain. This is NOT camping weather.
My school closed for 3 days. One day half of my class was out sick. I don't remember a worse flu season around here. Sorry to hear you were stuck in that mess on the pass! I saw some video footage...craziness. Glad you made it safely home. We've had sleety rain most of the day here in Rigby. If it were 5 degrees colder it would've been a serious storm.

ponderosa

I never really gave it much thought but I guess being exposed to lots of kids can be tough on ones immune system.A couple healthy tips to strengthen your system are: silver biotics, echinacea, elderberry extract and avoid sugar as much as yo can. Older ya get the harder to avoid germs it gets. Trust me this stuff makes a difference. The way I know to spell them is they are lined up in the cabinet above me. Oh and thanks for what you do:beer3::Yo:
Thanks for the tips, and the tip o' the hat. I've been using elderberry & lots of vitamin c
It's tricky spending the days with little petri dishes disguised as harmless children!

Cappy

We truly are from different worlds I will do my weather complaining this summer when the opressive heat and humidity return. Now I am enjoying playing in the yard catching up several chores in my shirt sleeves. :beer3:

Roybrew

Rains almost every day now. Sucks. Little more than usual. Supposed to be cold and some snow this time of year, but it's been mild temperatures, 40 to low 60s, and rain. I had to drive thru creeks that were flowing across roads. It didn't look life threatening or anything, but it was very unusual. I've driven that same road to work and back for the past 25+ years, and I've never seen that.
Never seen roads collapse like this either. Looks like we had an earthquake or something.

I'm still hibernating and plotting for next camping place come april. Poking around on Internet for island camping, free of course. Found this of interest
The purple areas are undeveloped land use areas. These areas belong to TVA, TN Valley Authority. They are for public use unless posted otherwise. Of course there are some rules, little vague and grey areas here. This is Tellico lake where we camp quite often, most times the upper end of the lake. My brother lives there and I asked him to check out an island, the purple one. Maybe good spot.

ppine

Forester
The Sierra Nevada Mountains have been getting slammed by the weather, receiving over 15 feet of snow in the last week or so. Even down here in the Valley at 5,000 feet we are stuck in temperatures that don't go much above freezing. The snow just keeps coming. In Nevada we are used to seeing the sun, and this is very depressing.