Man arrested after fatal machete attack on Appalachian Trail hikers

jason

fear no beer
A Massachusetts man allegedly stabbed two hikers on the Appalachian Trail, killing one, injuring the other.
James Louis Jordan, 30, was arrested Saturday after attacking a male and female hiker with a large knife. He’s been charged with murder and assault with intent to murder.
The victims’ names have not been released, but the man was confirmed dead, and the woman suffered severe stab wounds, according to authorities.

Full story

-----------------

geeze crazy people are everywhere anymore.

Grandpa

I know a few lady backpackers that carry some 9 mm protection. Most trails are safe but every once in a while......

Roybrew

I think I would carry something for protection also. What a horrific thing for some one to do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edwardfug

er...please name an event where total good has come out of violence?

Does this mean that us capitalist get to bludgeon you commie bastards to death for the sake of something good coming about in the end?

I dont think youve thought this through. The atomic bombs may have stopped the second world war, but at what cost?

Cappy

I carry and have for over 50 years. I have never had to but will protect my wife then my self from an attack by any thing

oldsarge

er...please name an event where total good has come out of violence?

Does this mean that us capitalist get to bludgeon you commie bastards to death for the sake of something good coming about in the end?

I dont think youve thought this through. The atomic bombs may have stopped the second world war, but at what cost?

Using violence to stop an attack...self preservation.
Violence may not be the answer, but when it is...it's the only answer.

Grandpa

When I threaten mama bears babies, to her, violence is the only answer. Hence, I make sure to not threaten mama bears babies. Hence, her violence with unreasonable people tends to make unreasonable people a lot more reasonable. That's the good that comes from violence.

ppine

Forester
People and animals do some odd things once in awhile. I carry a heater out of habit after working in Alaska.
Probably never need it. I avoid strange people. Keep your radar on at all times. Be careful where you sleep.

Shannaskilm

We have done that route going the other way, and took the short cut from Deming to Hatch. Saves about 50 miles, and not a bad road.