The Shoot The Bull Thread

Roybrew

Sitting on porch this morning. Little damp and cool 45 degrees out. Weather is calling for 100 % chance of rain. IMG_20211211_073028320~2.jpg sky has a little pink in it, but doesn't look bad.

Got my shop doors built and in place yesterdayIMG_20211210_181951372~2.jpg maybe today I'll get the trim around them and hinged up today. IMG_20211210_182008044~2.jpg looking back toward basement door that I put in last week. I like the 6 foot wide opening when the doors are open because I can roll out projects I am, or going to be, working on. Hard to get a canoe out a 36 inch wide door.
Getting the Christmas decorations up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Attachments

Roybrew

Shortest day of the year sunset.IMG_20211221_171522384~2.jpg 9 hours and 41 minutes here in these parts. I don't think I could handle shorter day light unless maybe if we had some snow. We don't see much of that anymore.

Roybrew

We had snow last ChristmasIMG_20201225_072514959_HDR~2.jpg it's mid 50s this morning, breezy and going to rain. Still a great day.

Roybrew

Good morning. I was looking at old photos on my jump drive and came across this oneView attachment 3250 Ha! Wow that was about 14 years ago. That there is East TN river running. My wife said I look Canadian with that hat on. I know what a goof. That was my 1st canoe.

Well moving on, I've been off from work for a little over a week. I laid tile on one of the bathroom floors. All I have left to do is install my transition molding, which I had to cut it down and refinish it, and should be ready to install this morning.IMG_20220102_071608685~2.jpg Whoa, it does look a little busy. Oh well it's not like I go in there to hang out.

The weather has been very warm. We had the windows and doors open yesterday. Of course it's been very wet also. Supposed to drop off cold tomorrow with winter weather warnings.

Going to do some more insulating and then ready for sheet rock. I'll be glad to get it done. Ready for for more canoe making stuff.
Roy

Roybrew

Up at 4am this morning. It's snowing. Of course after a week of 60+ degree weather, I don't expect it to hang around.IMG_20220103_042258996~2.jpg

Cappy

Yall almost lost this ole country boy came down with namonia which got septic and heart issues got me an ambulance ride and a week in the hospital I will skip the details nobody likes them and say that after a gallon or more of antibiotics in ivs and several shots of steroids I kicked the infection and they got meback on my feet. STill weak as a kiten at least now I can stand and walk a lil and make it to the bathroom with no help and no acidents or hardly none anyways steady trying to get better and made it to my laptop this morning. Thank God for you guys and your posts

Northern Dancer

Yall almost lost this ole country boy came down with namonia which got septic and heart issues got me an ambulance ride and a week in the hospital I will skip the details nobody likes them and say that after a gallon or more of antibiotics in ivs and several shots of steroids I kicked the infection and they got meback on my feet. STill weak as a kiten at least now I can stand and walk a lil and make it to the bathroom with no help and no acidents or hardly none anyways steady trying to get better and made it to my laptop this morning. Thank God for you guys and your posts
=====>WOW, do you ever know how to get a New Year started! I hope you are feeling a lot better in spite of the rigors of hospital life. Glad that you are up and around. We can't afford to have our commanders ill.

Roybrew

Sure glad you are back Cappy. Rough way to start a new year.

Cappy

improving slowly pretty good day today was able to walk at a slow pace for 5 minutes on da tread mill not my typical mornig jog but far better than I have been in a while. Still fighting issues with a couple doc apts this week hopefully with some news

Roybrew

It won't be long and you'll be back up and clocking the miles on that ole treadmill Cappy. Glad your doing better. I bought one of them elliptical things a couple of years ago. I had good intentions. That should account for something. I almost threw it down the basement stairs one day, that would be pleasing exercise. Wifey takes me out for walks once in a while.

Northern Dancer

I usually take in the gym & swim three times a week. COVID restrictions closed the program down today. The city will keep my account active until the facility opens again. By that time I will have gained some in spite of my efforts. :Frown2:

Really glad that you are doing better Cappy.
Roybrew - I don't use equipment I can't pronounce or spell correctly.

Roybrew

I googled how to spell "elliptical". It's supposed to be good for me.?

I'm sitting here in front of the TV, gas fireplace, watching it snow outside, drinking a cold glass of milk and eating chocolate. All this time I'm thinking that I need to get in shape. Ha. What a world.

Cappy

Went to the heart doc yesterday I have a clot in my lower heart. They are treating it with blood thinners and such. They will follow up every 2 weeks and say to continue light exercise they hope in 3 months I will be able to take a stress test and then they will reevaluate on a strict diet and its hard to loose weight with very limited exercise they caution not to overdo it, but its hard not to I got wood needing chopping and a fire pit needing lighting. Today I pushed it a bit and walked on thred mill for 2 5 minute spells Doc's scale said I lost 20 lbs so thats good Time will tell and seeing and hearing from you my old friends helps

Northern Dancer

There comes a time in our life that we have doctor friends. We may not always want them around but we need them to coach us to stay in line. If we are wise - and I believe you are, so you do it. "Steady as she goes"...:Amen:

Roybrew

Glad you caught it when you did. My father waited to long and had a stroke. He never recovered fully from that. Getting him out doing things like fishing was very difficult. I saw it was breaking his heart not being able to do what he loved. He saw it also and that was breaking my heart.

A heart is a muscle that can be, some what, exercised and strengthened. A stroke is very hard to come back from.

Maybe it was a blessing it got found out now before something worse happened?

I am glad you are still with us on here Cappy.

Roybrew

Making progress on my shop. Slowly but surely. I got all my outlets in, insulated and sheet rock hung. IMG_20220116_160030614~2.jpgIMG_20220116_160045901~2.jpgOnce I finish the, mudding, of the walls I will paint, do my trim work, more painting and definitely change the lighting to LEDs. Then I'll need to install windows in the doors, small non-opening, more trim, more painting. Then I'll work on outside with calking and yep more painting. It's amazing how much you can hide with calk and paint[emoji57].

And I'm planning a trip to Sparkleberry Swamp in South Carolina. Yeh I know sounds like Fairy swamp land ha. The missus is interested in going. I've got some research to do about it.

Attachments

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
Making progress on my shop. Slowly but surely. I got all my outlets in, insulated and sheet rock hung. View attachment 3276View attachment 3277Once I finish the, mudding, of the walls I will paint, do my trim work, more painting and definitely change the lighting to LEDs. Then I'll need to install windows in the doors, small non-opening, more trim, more painting. Then I'll work on outside with calking and yep more painting. It's amazing how much you can hide with calk and paint[emoji57].

And I'm planning a trip to Sparkleberry Swamp in South Carolina. Yeh I know sounds like Fairy swamp land ha. The missus is interested in going. I've got some research to do about it.

SWEET! JUST SWEET!