On the water, finally

Northern Dancer

It's been a long winter and the past weekend was my first time out. Noting spectacular, just a weekend on the Saugeen River with friends. I'm hoping for something a little more adventurers come July, August, and September [an 11-day outing].

3489 3490 3491 3492 3493

3494 3495 3496 3497 3498

It was a leisurely trip with a small group. I used my A-frame tent. The days were sunny and bright but in the evening it poured rain. Spring flowers were everywhere along the banks, and the water was still very much cold. My colleague bought a new canoe for this year at the cost of $4,000.00. I almost choked. The trails we hiked were full of cedar trees and there were these large rocks on the group than looked like woodpeckers had pecked.

Northern Dancer

I've always loved the water, especially when it is clear and inviting. The Saugeen is a beautiful river that leisurely flows through several rural communities. There is nothing like silky smooth water on your skin to calm the spirit. The only other thing that might be loved as much is a canoe going over placid water that provides the same effect.

On the ground, among the cedar trees, there were these large porous rocks jutting out of the ground that decorated the terrain. It conjured up a scene from Merlyn the Magician and an enchanted forest.

Roybrew

Great trip update and awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Roy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk