Youngest ATV Rider

Stargazer

What is the age of the youngest ATV rider you know? Our youngest rider was two years old. He was taking a ride with Grandpa. Grandpa saw a friend by the side of the road that needed help and stopped. When he got off the bike he turned it off but did not take the key. Junior turned the key on and, next thing Grandpa knew, took off down the road. While I really would have loved to have had a video of Grandpa chasing the ATV down the road, I could have shot him for not taking that key out of the ignition.

CozInCowtown

I don't like them things and refuse to allow them on my property.
This is a farm and not an ATV park. All that they are good for is tearing up my good pasture grass and getting some idiot hurt, killed or even worse!!
That being said we have an Kawasaki Mule UTV that is a very useful piece of equipment!
JMO,
DC

Stargazer

We pretty much grew up on them. They can be dangerous and they can be destructive. My dad was a farmer and a 'hide tanner', if you get my drift, so we pretty much obeyed the rules. We also owned a woodshed and we knew exactly what was waiting behind it.

OutdoorMomma

My youngest started riding when she was 4. She even has her own ATV, but the throttle is turned way down so she doesn't get to go very fast. My older kids have managed to run into just about everything out there. My son plowed into one of our parts cars, and my middle daughter smacked into the swing set and bent of of the legs. Thank goodness for the throttles being turned down and that the kids were wearing helmets.