Mermorial Day Weekend

bsmit212

So what is everyone got planned for the long weekend?

For me I will be heading up to the Nantahala to paddle on Sunday and Monday.

Cappy

BBQin and playing in the yard then Monday bringing a small flag to the graveyard to put by Daddys tomb and stand there and cry a while like either me or Peggy has traditionally. While yall playing take a minute to remember the reason for the holiday.

Grandpa

Do the annual family reunion, reminising at the graveyard.

This is grandma's holdiday to plan for, so I haven't been apprised of the situation yet.

The following week we are taking a herd of scouts to the Snake River Range on the Idaho/Wyo border for a fun filled 3 days watching the goats, moose, and avoiding confrontations with bears, and other humans. This is the lake with the gigantic rope swing out into the water. I will probably wear a vest and fins and standby to rescue kids with more bravery than brainery. (a common problem with 12-14 year olds)

Grandpa

Update to the above thread? I just got briefed on my weekend.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Grandma is the "compasionate service leader" for our neighborhood, which means she gets to assign who brings funeral potatoes when someone dies. Well someone died, the funeral is tomorrow, and grandma has a concealed carry class all day. Guess who has to keep all those women in line making sure the potatoes get there on time and all goes well? And I had planned on checking and fixing the horse pasture fence all day.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Took grandma out to our unofficial shooting range yesterday for a quick refresher before her class tomorrow. Note to self. "Self. don't make that woman mad, she can shoot better than you."

ppine

Forester
For retired people Memorial Day is the weekend to stay home and BBQ some shrimp, steak and chicken.

I already went to the mountains this week for a couple of days, and will head out to a fishing lake next week, before and after the crowds.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I'm on call. Wife and kid have school (snow make up day, thanks Governor Haley). So we are doing ribs today... And tomorrow I'm probably doing some yard work and cleanup while everyone is gone.

Grandpa

Lazy living hurts.:tinysmile_hmm_t2: Went to church this morning then Son In Law and I hiked up a canyon to an old mine shaft. I can't believe how fast the old muscles atrophied in such a short time. I've got some serious training to get ready for the first backpack in two weeks. Definately a 4 ibuprofin night tonight.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Simplify

Well, I was all set to head out for a 3 day weekend bike-packing but my mountain bike, with tent loaded on the back, got stolen in a grocery store parking lot.

Fortunately it was only a few hundred dollar loss.

Nonetheless, I fished locally and did a local day hike.

jason

fear no beer
Well I spent some time with the kids, put a bicycle together for my daughter so I can teach her how to ride without training wheels, got some work in the garden done, some work around the house, and got to spend some time with family on Monday.

steves

3 nights at Tully Lake campground with the grandson and the new pup, not my ideal camping style, but will sneak off for a few short day hikes and make sure the pup can keep up for the longer backpacking weekends coming up.

lenny.helms.1

Hello every one I hope you have a great weekend I am going on a night hike beside the lake it going to be great