Two Truths and a Lie with VinoVampire

Which one of these statements is the lie?

• I once drank 22 double-shots of espresso in one day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vinovampire

One fun little "getting to know you" game that I enjoy playing around a campfire is Two Truths and a Lie. I was thinking that maybe we could play a few rounds here around this digital campfire. I'll go first and it would be great if others started their own threads/polls. I'll leave the poll open for 14 days and then post the answer! Here are my statements:

1. I'm allergic to all fruits and vegetables

2. I once drank 22 double-shots of espresso in one day

3. I can list every US President in order

Grandpa

Here we go,
Vino, BS on 3
Pathfinder, BS on 1
Simplify, BS on 3 Bwana
My turn,
Climbed Kilimanjaro at age 70
Eagle Scout at age 13
Many 50-80 mile backpacking treks before and after age 65.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Cute game. Rather than tell you two truths and a lie, I simply chose to vote. I chose the allergy to all fruits and vegetables. My logic is simple. If it were true, you would have to have been tested for all. This seems unlikely since there are so many worldwide. The clincher, however, is the coffee bean which is the fruit of a South American tree and you would likely have become violently ill from drinking 22 double shots of espresso in one day. It might even have killed you which would go a long way toward explaining your screen name.

oldsarge

1. The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).
  2. Fruit or vegetable - Mayo Clinic

jason

fear no beer
  1. The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).
  2. Fruit or vegetable - Mayo Clinic
Correct beans are fruit but coffee beans are not beans but seeds.

A coffee bean is a seed of the coffee plant, and is the source for coffee. It is the pit inside the red or purple fruit often referred to as a cherry. Even though they are seeds, they are referred to as 'beans' because of their resemblance to true beans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_bean

Kinda interested if since it comes from a fruit if it would be considered fruit or not. Make that is getting off topic and could make an interesting discussion for another thread. And brings up another question, if the seed is considered a fruit does drinking coffee fill my fruit requirement for the day?

vinovampire

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Adams, Jackson, Van Buren... ARGH! That's as far as I can get! :Confused:

1. I'm allergic to all fruits and vegetables

2. I once drank 22 double-shots of espresso in one day

3. I can list every US President in order = LIE

I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and allergic to all fruits and vegetables. I was tested by an allergist and a child, and it was determined that I'm allergic to all of those foods. My understanding is that it's related to having problems with several types of tree pollen. The good news is that applying heat to these foods changes the protein structure enough that I can eat some cooked fruits and vegetables. So I can't get raw apples, but I can eat apple pie!:00:

Next, my ex-GF and some other friends used to work at a coffee shop. One day my best friend mentioned that she would buy all my drinks that day. I think I had watched her dog or something, and she thought I'd be buying beers or cocktails. Instead I just kept ordering double and :Tea: quadrupedal espressos on ice. Never doing that again! :Roflmao:

Well played everyone!

vinovampire

violently ill from drinking 22 double shots of espresso in one day. It might even have killed you which would go a long way toward explaining your screen name.
Dinosaur--I appreciate your logic in thinking through these questions. There might be some exotic fruit out there that I'm not allergic to at all, but according to my doctor it's "everything." The 22 double shots did make me pretty anxious. I drink a lot of coffee, even now, and it doesn't have a huge impact on me. I've been known to drink a few pints ice coffees after midnight. But that was way too much and was most likely unhealthy.

dinosaur

troublemaker
So, vinovampire, my logic may have been flawed but I just do those things to be a troublemaker. It certainly got a reaction. Now no one is entirely certain of whether or not the coffee bean is a bean or a fruit or the seed inside the fruit is a nut or is just driving everyone nuts. And while we are on the subject, your screen name conjures up visions of a wine drinker, most of which is made from fruit.
I am also intrigued by your obvious diet restrictions. Am I to understand you are only allowed meats, dairy (including eggs), and breads? How does PETA feel about your existence? Have you spoken to any veegans lately? I should think it would be a fun conversation

vinovampire

I am also intrigued by your obvious diet restrictions. Am I to understand you are only allowed meats, dairy (including eggs), and breads? How does PETA feel about your existence? Have you spoken to any veegans lately? I should think it would be a fun conversation
HA! I always enjoy a fun-loving troublemaker!

Yes, I pretty much just eat bread, meat, and dairy. I can sneak some fruits and vegetables into my diet (because it's not as dangerous as a peanut or shellfish allergy, at least for most people) by (a) cooking the fruit or vegetable or (b) removing the skin, cutting it up into tiny pieces and allowing it to sit out for a while on the plate so it can oxidize. During the spring and fall allergy seasons those tricks don't work as well, as I usually avoid those foods completely.

Whenever I talk about my allergies with vegans or vegetarians it blows their @#$%ing minds, because it messes with their "it's natural, man" way of thinking. It's pretty fun... just as you imagine. The conversation almost always goes the same way. Towards the end they almost always think to ask: "How do you get enough vitamins and minerals?" And I tell them that it's just a sham and people don't actually need those things... at least I don't seem to need them.

o_O

dinosaur

troublemaker
All the vitamins and minerals you need are in meat and dairy and you'll get all the fiber you need from whole grain breads and cereals. Ask the veggies how they get vitamin B-12. It's not present in any fruit or vegetable on the planet and we are all born with an addiction to it.