Preferred Kayak Activities

familytents

We do a lot of fishing from our sit on top kayaks. We love sit on tops so we don't have to worry about practicing any Eskimo rolls to keep from drowning, and they are excellent for fishing. What kind of activities do you usually do in your kayak?

jason

fear no beer
I'm lazy and I fish. Sometimes I'll do some sight seeing. I would see doing some white water, but again too lazy to drive a day to go.

wvbreamfisherman

Paddling whatever water I have time to get on. Mostly flowing, but pretty flat rtivers.

I have fished from my kayak, but usually use the canoe. Not too worried about taking either one through most class II water. As of right now, my kayak has an open cockpit, so you're not going to be rolling it anyhow.

LunaticFringeInc

I too am a Kayak fish chaser. Got it rigged with an anchor trolley, auxillary lighting and a fish finder too! Catching a lunker from a Yak is more fun than the law should allow.

Hirsch

I do fish but usually it is as an adjunct to a camp trip. I enjoy flat water river cruising 1- 4 nights (so far, maybe longer later) camping island and gravel/sandbars as we go.

Blazer

I have 2 kayaks..a shorter 10' kayak that I use for narrow, twisty rivers and Class 1-2 whitewater and a longer 16' sea kayak that I take on bays, lakes and rivers. I use it for kayak camping on lakes and rivers too.