Almost Deer Hunting Season

Charlotte

I don't know about the area everyone else lives in, but here it is almost open hunting season. I am really excited because for me hunting is a great getaway! We are always so quiet so it is nice and peaceful too.

Nature25

Hunting season in my area starts around mid November, but bow hunting has already begun. I also like to go hunting and have gone with my dad for years now. It is nice for the peace and quiet but also for the memories I get to share with my dad.

Pathfinder1

Hi...
It's archery season for big game here...soon to be followed by rifle season. SIL's teenage nephew got one with a bow recently (SIL, the 'family hunter' has been otherwise occupied). Since I do little hunting anymore, I'm not in the woods much...!!

Already arrows are being aimed at people, rather than game...one of the annual hazards around here. A father in his 70s was bow hunting with his son here in NY. As his son came out of the woods towards him...the idiot put an arrow through both of his legs...!!

It's worse when rifle season opens up...then X-number of people are almost sure to be injured/killed by (mostly) city hunters...!!

vinovampire

We were out today. It's Youth Deer Weekend in my state, but we picked an area to go where you quickly gain elevation and get away from the roads. We also try to make ourselves as visible and non-deerlike as possible. Wasn't to hard today against the white of the snow.

We heard about a dozen shots from the road as we were heading back to the trailhead, but otherwise it was nice and quiet all day. It seemed quieter than past years.

Deer rifle season here runs from Nov 15 to 30, so we either just stay home or go to one of three area that are really high up and pretty much have no big game/hunters.

I hope everyone has a safe, fun, and productive season! :Yo: