Trivia 12/4/14

jason

fear no beer
In the U.S., does the ring-neck pheasant survive better in the North or the South?

Cappy

Since there aint none here I gotta say its a northern birdie. But there aint no hogs here either?? Wonder why that is??:bbq1::bbq3::bbq4::brewing:

:Yo:

Grandpa

At 5200 ft of elevation with 3-4 feet of snow, I have ringnecks flying in to my driveway to look for grit for their craws during the winter. North.

Grandpa

:bbq3:
Since there aint none here I gotta say its a northern birdie. But there aint no hogs here either?? Wonder why that is??:bbq1::bbq3::bbq4::brewing:

:Yo:
Cappy, they know how well you like bacon so they stay away. Actually, domestic pigs don't handle the heat well. That is why they build wallows to cool off. I suppose it is the same for the wild bunch. I would imagine it is too hot for them that deep in the south.

Cappy

Actually they have some south of me. On the extreme longest toe of the boot there is a large population there. Not here though, and I am fairly sure its cause of hunters. Since there aint no real regulations cause they are a nucience there is no animal control.

Grandpa

I guess they build wallows to cool off down there too then. I'm kind of glad they haven't moved this far west yet. Probably only a matter of time though. Have they had any problems with trichinosis in wild hogs? Or any other harmful pathogens? Seems like a good way to stock up on bacon.

Cappy

I hafta smile to my self when ya ask if they make wallows, these hogs live on the very end of the land in the marsh they have to look hard to find a dry spot wallowing isn't their problem.:Yo:

jason

fear no beer
:bbq3:
Cappy, they know how well you like bacon so they stay away. Actually, domestic pigs don't handle the heat well. That is why they build wallows to cool off. I suppose it is the same for the wild bunch. I would imagine it is too hot for them that deep in the south.
We got them here in Florida. Neighbor down the street lives next to to the wilderness preserve and had started carrying when walking his dogs because they have become such a problem. They really built some areas up around here and neighborhoods are complaining because they are ripping up lawns and golf courses.

Then you also have this which is north of me. http://abcnews.go.com/US/hogs-wild-force-florida-county-cancel-halloween-festivities/story?id=26511812