optimal light solution

krisrf

Hi people,

I started camping only this summer, I tried it with my friends. It was great. I also like to rent the RV and have a trip with my family. I would Like to ask about the light items. Surely, I have usual flashlight, but it is not enough.

The point is that when I rent the RV trailer and I can not change anything there, for example I can not change the LED lamps there to prolong the battery. So I have to use the flashlight for the outdoor light. Who can advice cheap/expensive (if it is better) lantern. Maybe LED..

Grandpa

We have gone big on Luci Lights. Solar, cheap, 12 hours to a charge, just enough light from one to hike at night, several will light the area, but not so bright as to be offensive to neighbors. Check Amazon.

briansnat

Platnium Member
Black Diamond makes several really nice lanterns. I have the Orbit for backpacking and the Apollo which I used for canoe and car camping. They have the larger and brighter Titan, but the Apollo puts out more than enough light for me. They use batteries so get yourself a few rechargeables and a charger. Charge up at home or get yourself one of those portable solar chargers.

ppine

Forester
Modern battery operated lanterns and headlamps are efficient, throw plenty of light and last a long time. They are great.

For winter trips with long periods of darkness each night, I like to add some cheap solar lights around camp. Just make sure you leave them out in the sun during the day to recharge.