Rainy day Catfishing

dinosaur

troublemaker
It's good to know there are others quite willing to fish on rainy days. Sometimes I think we are a dying breed. But, as Daddy always told me, : Son, the time to go fishing is when you can.

Grandpa

When I was young growing up, there was always work six days a week. But when the rain came, we grabbed the poles and headed for the streams or lakes.

Cappy

I did it again yesterday in the rain for a few hours it was nice watching the river traffic. Caught a couple more channel cats fore I ran outa worms. I got kinda mad when a gust of wind took my worm box away I had been using that thing for a couple years. I forgot how light they are when empty. It's prolly past new orleans heading for the gulf now I feel bad adding to what is already way too much litter.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Bye bye worm box. I guess you just have to go get another one. It's happened before, hasn't it? I've watched stuff blow away in the wind numerous times, once in a tornado. It was epic. I'll never forget it.

It's all part of living and wondering why I'm still here. God knows I should be gone a long time ago. Maybe it was so I could impart this information to youngsters. If so, I stand as a beacon with my brothers Cappy and Grandpa.

Don't let them do stupid. I've been there. Didn't like it much.

ppine

Forester
Rain brings low pressure and can wake up the fish. Sometimes the best hour to fish is right after a rain in the first hour of clearing. Rain disturbs the surface and makes fish less wary. I have canvas on my boat and it makes fishing in the rain more comfortable.