Tentsite with Water/Electricity or Tentsite without?

Csray121

I have camped for a few and have always been booking the basic tent site. Recently I saw that there is the option of choosing tent site with Water/Electricity (which is said to be good for tent or popup tent). I thought the Water/Electricity is just for RV campers to connect to their vehicle or something.
How different is the tent site with Water/Electricity comparing to the basic tent site? Will Water/Electricity be any use for me if I only have a regular backpacking tent?

Bojib

I like the basic primitive (no electric or water) sites much better myself.

However, I need to wear a CPAP when I sleep. Keeps me breathing and all that fun stuff. So, when I can I will pick a site with electric if it's available. Sometimes the water is a bit handy when cleaning up after a meal.

Csray121

I like the basic primitive (no electric or water) sites much better myself.

However, I need to wear a CPAP when I sleep. Keeps me breathing and all that fun stuff. So, when I can I will pick a site with electric if it's available. Sometimes the water is a bit handy when cleaning up after a meal.
Hi there Bojib, thank you very much for your comments, it helps a lot! :)

Cappy

We have a 18 ft small camper for us elec is a minamun I also use a C-pac and any receptacle will do. We are currently plugged into an extension cord from a friends house. Kinda green acres style long as we dont run the ac and too much other stuff we ok.

ppine

Forester
In a tent, hookups are irrelevant. Unless you use a CPAP machine which can runoff storage batteries. Most of the time hookups are irrelevant for trailers too. Once in a while it is good to empty the tanks, charge up the batteries, take a shower and do some laundry.

Diver97

I prefer to camp areas that are cool, I don't like being hot when I am trying to sleep. I have been to a few places in the past that had electricity available in the camp sites and have used a fan at night to keep air moving in the tent at night. I have friends will that take an air conditioner and use it in their tent. I have also been known to use an electric blanket in areas that get below zero at night.
That being said I also prefer dispersed camping and you don't see to many outlets in the middle of the forest.

ponderosa

If I'm staying in a campground that offers some sites with power, I try to get the spot furthest away from the electric sites. If there's power, there will be some noisy appliance plugged into it. I also try to be far away from anyone with a generator.

Cappy

Some of the noisier places I have camped have primitive sites. I have tried to sleep in the woods in a primitive national for est on the opening day of trout season only to find some free wheeling locals come roaring in and fire up an old Lincoln welder for a gen and comence to plug in amps and tune up for a blue grass jam section that lasted far into the night if ya cant beat em join em I say and it just goes to show don't stereotype.

ppine

Forester
In the West we have Forest Service camp sites which are great in the off season, but too crowded in the summer. Then it is best to just wander off somewhere with a truck, a canoe, raft or on foot. Privacy is important for camping. I don't want any neighbors.

Sean95

I have camped for a few and have always been booking the basic tent site. Recently I saw that there is the option of choosing tent site with Water/Electricity (which is said to be good for tent or popup tent). I thought the Water/Electricity is just for RV campers to connect to their vehicle or something.
How different is the tent site with Water/Electricity comparing to the basic tent site? Will Water/Electricity be any use for me if I only have a regular backpacking tent?
I do some backpacking; but most of our camping is family style, including the dog. We use to always get a site with water and electricity for the convenience of charging batteries for lights, charging phones, tablets, etc. I noticed that at some campgrounds the number of W/E sites is relatively low compared to their primitive sites. Also noticed that the W/E sites at a lot of places are packed in tighter. Now, we are using primitive sites. I take our emergency power supply to charge our devices and run a fluorescent work light instead of dealing with a lantern. I know you're supposed to leave all that stuff behind; smart phones have become our cameras, GPS, ... Check out the Camp - Power 35100 on eBay. If you're taking someone new to camping, having a few modern conveniences might make all the difference in the world.

Cappy

If we setting up base camp for a week or more then the water and elec is nice. overnights in our lil 18 ft camper or 3 or 4 days is fine off grid long as it aint too hot. The ac is a must down here this time of year and it dont run on our deep cycle battery. We have stayed hooked to the suv and off grid for a week or more before. just stingy with lights and water and run the truck for an hour every other day to charge back the battery

back in my tent camping trout fishing days It was most always off grid actually I remember camping where they had elec. and not using it cause I didn't have anything with me that used it. YES I am that old!

Grandpa

If we setting up base camp for a week or more then the water and elec is nice. overnights in our lil 18 ft camper or 3 or 4 days is fine off grid long as it aint too hot. The ac is a must down here this time of year and it dont run on our deep cycle battery. We have stayed hooked to the suv and off grid for a week or more before. just stingy with lights and water and run the truck for an hour every other day to charge back the battery

back in my tent camping trout fishing days It was most always off grid actually I remember camping where they had elec. and not using it cause I didn't have anything with me that used it. YES I am that old!
I still don't Cappy. We leave all the gadgets behind.

Sean95

I know what you mean. I can't stand trying to go to sleep when its hot and humid. We do most of our camping in the spring and fall.