Another dish from da ole black iron pot

Cappy

This one is super simple man. 3 ingredients and a lil seasoning. One of our favorite fall camping dishes.

bibsoutdoors

@Cappy,

Just took a look at the recipe you posted (how to pictures) this does look simple and easy not to mention good eating. Care to tell us more about your choice in Cajun seasonings?

Bibsoutdoors

Roybrew

Probably Cappy's secret recipe that may never be disclosed out side of family members. Beaux will clam up like Duke hiding the beans recipe, and Jollie is to young to know. But maybe if we bestow upon Cappy enough beer, he might leak the recipe.

Cappy

LOL Roy ya know us well!!! that post made me grin for real.

My seasoning is simulr to Tony Chacherie's on acounta we from the same neck o da woods and like traditional Cajun spices. I use lots less salt than he does and have adjusted the other seasonings to our taste. His is good and mine is the same only different.:Yo:

The seasoning was born from camping trips when we usta dump salt, black pepper,onion, garlic. red pepper, paprika, chili powder and a lil accent into the jar and shake it up and put it in our gear. We would put it on every thing and every one had their own recipe. Thats where tony Chacherie got his idea to market his seasoning from the folks at the camps along the edge of the swamps. I took the recipe of Tony's seasoning and adapted it over the years to what we like. Mine is not as salty as tony's spicier and well das all ya get.

:beer3: