Buck 857 El Morro Knife (USA)

FootPathOne

Buck 857 El Morro Knife - 1.jpg

Purchased this inexpensive straight blade knife on March 10 for $24.xx plus sales tax. Sold exclusively at Walmart. The plan is to utilize it under different conditions sometime before the middle of 2017. Progress reports to follow.

FootPathOne

Buck 857 El Morro Knife - 2.jpg

The Buck El Morro (right) design is almost the same as my Buck Bantam BBW folding knife (left), which has served me well over the last few years. The 2 knives are low budget versions, mainly due to the usage is occasional and light duty. I would spend reasonable money on more durable and mainstream knives if my usage was frequently and heavy duty.

I'm an advocate for selecting the right tool for the right job, cutting no corners at the expense of getting the job done right the first time, and expect repeatability over the long haul.

On the flip side I also won't overspend. Why use a Javelin on a Toyota (see movie "Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot")?

FootPathOne

Buck 857 El Morro Knife - 4.jpg

Minor sheath modification. Sheath is now a dangler, plus it now has 550 paracord wrapped around.

FootPathOne

Buck 857 El Morro Knife - 5.jpg

Minor knife modification. Knife now has a retaining / extension loop for the little finger and doubles as a pullout assist.