Werner-Boyce, FL

jason

fear no beer
So Saturday I took the morning off and visited a local park. I visited it a few years back but they did not have any trails or even a parking lot before. It was nice to see a path to walk. It seems like they will have a kayak launch if you want to walk it the quarter mile.

Not much wild life was out, and it seems like the park is still not known, although they are still working on improvements to the park.

There are two other entrances to the park. I may take my kids to one of them to see if they added more then just a parking lot since I have last been.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took and then a video the local news did on the park.

Attachments

Grandpa

Awesome report Jason, thanks for posting. But I think I'll take bears over them big lizards. :camp2:

Roybrew

That looks great jason. Thanks for excellent pictures. Yeh I agree with Grandpa, not sure if I like those toothy lizards.

jason

fear no beer
I really enjoyed it jason thanks. Is the last pic a sink hole pond??
I do not think so. It seemed shallow as there were some small birds walking through it.

I would be more worried about snakes then the gators. Guess I've been down here too long and seen too many gators. For the most part they just leave you alone. Someone posted a short video a while back on facebook of kids jumping into a local river. When you watch the video you can see a gator swim under them.

jason

fear no beer
Here is another persons video of the area.

At around 1:20 you can see Brasher Park where I like to launch my kayak from. You have to get there early as parking fills up quickly. From there you can paddle through the water ways in the park.

Some good fishing back there when the fish come in for the winter. Lots of areas to explore too.