hammock camping

bsmit212

I cannot think of a hammock with a built in rain fly. I have seen hanging tents before online but they were very expensive and I would not concider them a hammock.

You will most likely end up having to get a set for your different requirements. My personal favoriate hammock is the ENO. I just use a small trap from walmart just big enough to cover the hammock part for a rain fly. I am in the SE so I don't have much use for it, but for warmth you can get one of the under-quilts. You can also use your sleeping pad in the bottom of your hammock like I do and see if that keeps you warm enough.

Waggy The Geek

I cannot think of a hammock with a built in rain fly. I have seen hanging tents before online but they were very expensive and I would not concider them a hammock.

You will most likely end up having to get a set for your different requirements. My personal favoriate hammock is the ENO. I just use a small trap from walmart just big enough to cover the hammock part for a rain fly. I am in the SE so I don't have much use for it, but for warmth you can get one of the under-quilts. You can also use your sleeping pad in the bottom of your hammock like I do and see if that keeps you warm enough.
alright, thanks!

briansnat

Platnium Member
I've seen one piece hammocks, but you are much better shielded from the rain with a hammock and tarp setup. As far as warmth, no hammock is warm, however a Thermarest or similar pad will keep you warm to about freezing. Below that you'll need an under-quilt.

As far as recommendations, I can enthusiastically recommend the Warbonnet Blackbird. Great all around hammock.

Cappy

I spent many a night in a jungle hammock sometimes swinging over swamp water with my gear on the canoe. I can't recommend anything techy to buy now a days these were surplus from the Korean war.

lambdahammock

Hennesy is definitely the way to go for beginners. It can't get much easier than their all in one setup they have

Daniel

Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Hammock would be best and Great all around hammock :)

outador

Have been considering the military style jungle hammock https://goo.gl/Ddm5vJ all weather. Not sure this one is the best but the price seems right :camp1: If you have one, please share your feedback. Thanks.

Cappy

Check a big army surplus store. I dont have one now but camped for years in a army surplus jungle hammock of course it was korean war erra and I aint sure about new ones but as a rule army surplus is always good quality and even cheaper than amazon