The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

My God son just landed a job in Colorado with the railroad. Before he got settled in to his new place he was already asking us to visit. Do ya know what out of state licencing runs? He was bragging bout hunting from his back porch!:skeet::beer3::bbq4:

Cappy

I waited till I figured the dew had dried opened the door to go mow and it was raining, waited a few minutes then it was pouring!! I got the front part that shows from the street mowed but the back is slowly becoming jungle.

Cappy

this morning I cleaned out da pit scooped out ash and brushed grill and such. Got the chimney lit and the bottom fell out. Some of you may neva seen rain this hard. sheeting pelting and huge drops. I got the chimney in da pit and closed it fore the rain put it out and now the pit is smoking but it aint set and the meat aint on it. When the rain stopps if I still have a few coles lit I'll slip on my boots and wade back out and see if I can rescue the bbq. The game aint till 7 but I was hoping to get the Qín over and the beer drinking started early now who knowes. May hafta just throw em in the oven but that would be a crime:Frown2:

Cappy

A real turd floater............for those of you who dont know das the worst rain. where the air is almost solid water and it drops an inch in 15-20 minutes. When a trashy ole country boy says its coming a turd floater ya better grab somethin that floats.

Note to Jason WE bad need a rainy day smiley ya got a snow one what about us country boys from south of the snow????

Cappy

Well things are on the improve. got the meat on da pit, beer in da fridge and the pregame Radio starts in an hour. Wearing my shramp boots but may be able to move down to a pair of crocs soon the rain water is receding fast.

Cappy

2 16 oz Busch's later the pork is glazed with sauce and in the oven resting. I qued a lb of cheap bar-s weenies for appetizers for me and the dogs. Peggy had fried corn and beans for sides and now all I gotta do is try not to drink too fast:beer3:

Roybrew

Drink to much beer and it'll fill ya up cappy. Man those posts of food are killing me. Getten ready for work, I sure would like to have a couple, and I don't drink. NOTE: maybe i need to start. We had a little rain but finished off this afternoon. Got up about 2pm grabbed a cup of Joe and started wood working. Seen photo of someone's canoe with curved seat,
and well I like to have one in my little canoe instead of the flat ones it has
I had some ash from my neighbors tree
This may take a couple weeks or so. Little at time.

Cappy

i admire ya Roy keep a posting please. Welp,I done drank 10 tall boys das over a gallon right? ate a plate of BBQ and watched the Saints loose and still content with what I saw. Pretty good night so I'ss say God bless yall I'll check in later:beer3:

Roybrew

A gallon?! Whew boy that'll flush the ole kidneys. At least they lost in a pregame, it's practice anyhow. I remember the little ole country school I went to. It took most all the boys in our 7th and 8th grade class to make a football team. The local schools loved playing us because it would boost the moral of their teams when they'd beat us. We only won 1 game in the 2 years I played. I don't get it. We were tough, farm working country boys.

Worked on my little project for an hour or so. Spent most of the time trying to figure out how to work with the natural curve of the wood
worked on it with an old draw knife, I think I need to sharpen it,
marked off about an inch thickness and got out the poor man's bandsaw
Got 2 pieces roughed in about an inch by 2 and half and 36 inches long. I'll work em down in a few days. Cleaned up my mess
and wife had some greens and corn bread ready for dinner
I hope y'all dry out soon Cappy.

Cappy

Teach that youngun the ole country boy trick tell him to spit on the elephant ears and show him how it rolls around on it as a lil ball and dont sink in.

Roybrew

Worked a little more on canoe seat today.
laying out my mortises.
I took no picture of cutting the tennons, sorry, un-eventful any how. Sat my big ole butt on seat before glueing to make sure it didn't break. Glued and clamped
Maybe Sunday afternoon I sand it and then figure out where and what to cover it with. Any ideas of material. Maybe cane? Open for ideas and comments.

Roybrew

Oh here is picture of mortise chopping, and you can even see the black lines in the wood. The black I think is Spalding which is a fungus that developed when the ash tree died last year and left standing till last month.

Cappy

This weekend was the second of pre season football and I am very happy with what I am seeing outa our local team. Too bad it doesn't feel like foot ball season though with the humidity it has been steady over 100 all week in the feels like dept.

Roybrew

Holy Cow! 100 with humidity! That's got to suck, like every time a sweaty behind gets stuck to a plastic seat......cchhuchhht. I don't think it's gotten that miserably hot here yet this summer, it happens but not to often. I glad to be little further north.

We just got back from eclipse zone near Knoxville tn. We didn't make to total eclipse area, but we were on the edge. Looked really strange.....

One of the elephant ears is 34inches long now.
I got me some yellow cherry tomatoes growing on satalite dish. Time for a salad before bed. Gots to work tonight uunnn.

Roybrew

I'm stumped, intimidated, with my canoe seat. I have the frame ready
I want this cane look, but I am scared to try routering the groove for the edges to tuck in
I'm stuck. Time for some milk and cookies.