Screen tents

SharBear

We have camped alot over the years and always used a 2-4 person tent. After camping in Missouri and all the bugs in the summertime we have decided to get a tent that has a screen room attached to the tent. We think this may help the bug problem. Any comment on the best kind or brand.

MacGyver

Years ago I was looking for the same solution but gave up because all of the tents with attached screen rooms were either way too expensive and/or had screen rooms that were so small they would have kept you stuck in a small space. My suggestion would be to look for a separate screen tent - one with straight sides because the ones with sloped sides also keep things kind of cramped.

SharBear

We have camped alot over the years and always used a 2-4 person tent. After camping in Missouri and all the bugs in the summertime we have decided to get a tent that has a screen room attached to the tent. We think this may help the bug problem. Any comment on the best kind or brand.
Years ago I was looking for the same solution but gave up because all of the tents with attached screen rooms were either way too expensive and/or had screen rooms that were so small they would have kept you stuck in a small space. My suggestion would be to look for a separate screen tent - one with straight sides because the ones with sloped sides also keep things kind of cramped.
Thanks for you input and info. A separate tent is a great idea.