Tent camping or bush craft camping??? Which do you prefer???

Cappy

For a change from back yard fun we have a very nice state park 1 hour away. The fishing is great and I plan to make some how to fly fishing videos for a grand kid who lives away. The state park is close, has great bank or boat fishing, and is only 13 dollers a night for us old folks. I will share with yall a close kept secret I'd neva tell my local friends the place is also avery good mushroom spot. On foggy mornings the place is full of em.

Cappy

I spent many a night in the back of my ole pick up in my younger days some times it was parked in front a bar room. Camper shell on back ole matress on floor rolled up sleeping bag and a kit bag lived there always. I had rigged a false floor on the bed of the truck with a pull out big drawer to cary stuff in. Crossed the country that way more than once.

beemerphill

A good friend is having an outdoor New Year's party on his 42 acre farm. He just finished a 3 story timber framed house that looks like an old barn. The stove came from Sweden and takes up a whole wall. It only needs to run 2-4 a day to keep the huge place warm.

I am going to sleep in the back of my pick-up Nelliebelle. When the days get longer, I am heading to the low desert for some sleeping under the stars.
Nelliebelle is a MIGHTY FINE name for any vehicle. It shows that you watched quality shows as a youth, and that you care enough about your equipment to not only name it, but to care for it like a friend. My vehicles have names too, but not as nostalgic as Nelliebelle.

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
Started out backpacking with and without a tent..
...got into four wheeling when the knees started to go.
Now I wheel to tent camp; tried bush craft style camping I tend to camp rough with a tent (primitive) camping with a touch of glamping... (so far no fridge)
Reservations and numbered sites are an anathema to me.

SharBear

I have camped on the ground, but I like to use a truck bed tent now. Maybe I'll upgrade to a pull camper later.

Roybrew

I'm getting to where I camp in a hammock more. Even with cushy air mattress I'm just not as comfortable as being in a hammock.

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
As I get ever more antique, I find that sleeping on the ground (and getting up off it) gets increasingly more difficult... was given a Coleman cot (with springs around the edge) added an egg crate foam pad to the Coleman foam pad and now its more comfortable than the bed at home...