50 years.

Grandpa

Grandma and I have had a wonderful life together. But the greatest wonders are our children. They were raised with a work hard/play hard ethic. Indoors or outdoors our motto has been " be the best you can be". Hunting and shooting sports have always been one of our play hards. Those goals have been passed down to our grands and greats as well. Living on a remote ranch makes it easy to walk out the back door and "burn powder." With all the apples from our family tree here this week, a lot of powder was burned. Clay's, steel, and paper, all felt the sting. Here is Isy, age 7, showing us the results of her training the past three years.

Roybrew

That is fabulous. That is something to brag about. I guess grandma must love you, or you'd be a hunting accident statistic. I wonder how many wives out there stated, " that dad blame fool stepped right in front of my 30/30 when I aimed for a deer.

Grandpa

That shooting part may have had a big influence on our years together. One of our first dates I started teaching her to shoot. Rifles, shotguns and pistols, were simple for her to master. She quickly became more adept than me. A fact that was always on my mind when I started getting the urge to be onery. So....I stayed sweet and temperate whenever she was around.