Any deer hunters left?

Grandpa

Lucked into a nice trophy 6x7 mulie last year but had to settle for a little 2x3 this year. My big buck's antlers would have fit real well on that jackrabbit I saw earlier in the day. I'm not really into antler hunting but there is some bravado when a big one comes along. But, my little man deer will make some mighty fine eating this winter. Now for the elk hunt.

Simplify

I haven't been hunting since I moved. It was a lot of fun when I tried it although I never did get a deer. Got a few pheasant, though. The interesting thing about living here is that it is legal to hunt with air rifles. When I lived in Massachusetts you could only hunt with a shotgun.

Cappy

I am more a small game guy love to slip into the woods and hunt squirrel, rabbit or what ever comes by I have killed several deer that way hunting for smalls with a buck shot round in my hand.

Diver97

I was out Sunday with a friend and he got a nice doe with his crossbow. I saw a few does and one buck but nothing within crossbow range. I plan on going back out next weekend and hopefully have better luck. I can't wait for rifle season most of the ones I saw were in range with a rifle.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Yes. I am a deer hunter. I don't sit in a stand all day and wait for them. I am a stalker I go out into the woods and walk the deer paths very quietly. It will take me a half hour to cover a quarter mile. I move using baby steps. I am silent and I have been very successful over the last fifty years.

I love to hunt. I do not find any pleasure in killing but I do love to walk up on a deer that has no idea I am there. In the last ten years I have walked up on six different deer I could easily have killed and eschewed it. They stood right in front of me. I had, at different times, a bow or a shotgun as I gazed upon them. And I walked away.

What you've just read, of course, are the oddities. It does not mean I have killed no deer in the last ten years. There are times, however, when it is not necessary. I don't need the meat. So, why would you take it if you don't need it? It makes no sense.

I am a conservationist. I believe in taking what I need and leaving the rest for others. In today's political scheme this is apparently a bad attitude. What I should do is kill everything, butcher it, and feed those unwilling to go out and take it themselves.

Hmmmm..........NO!