Anyone have experience with the Kodiak Flex-Bow Tent.

Diver97

It's time to replace my tent and after looking at various options I am leaning toward the Kodiak Flex-Bow tent. The reviews look good but would like to hear from fellow campers who have used one. Did you like it? What are the pros and cons of this tent? Would you buy it again?

I know this is a heavy tent at about 70 lbs but I am a car camper so weight is not an issue. Most of my camping tends to be in either cold or hot weather. I rarely find myself out in pleasant weather. I need a tent with good ventilation for hot weather and one the seals up well to protect me from the elements in bad weather. I am about 6 feet tall and like to be able to stand up in the tent and prefer not to have to duck down when going through the door. One of the uses for this tent to to camp during hunting season. The area I hunt in western Oklahoma is always windy. 30 MPH winds are normal and 40-50 Mph winds are not unusual. It is usually dry in this area so dust is also a big problem.

In short I need a all season tent that I can stand up in, Does well in high winds and seals up well to keep the dust out. I am budget conscious but am willing to spend what it takes to get a new tent that meets my needs and will last for many years. I absolutely hate cheap gear that has to be replaced every couple of years.
All comments about the Kodiak or any other tent are welcome.
Thanks

ppine

Forester
I have a good quality canvas wall tent that I had made in Denver 40 years ago. It really stands up to the wind with a frame made out of 1 inch EMT. In a big tent the frame is everything.

MacGyver

A little late to reply. Camping forums always seem to go dead in winter.
I have a 10x10 and an 8.5x6 Kodiak and I love 'em both to the point where I haven't taken out my nylon tents in a couple of years, I can't speak to the dust issue, but I've had them both out in windy, stormy weather and they did what they're supposed to do - flex enough to keep from getting blown over. Then again, 50 mph winds might be pushing things a bit too far. As much as I usually - and very enthusiastically - recommend the Flexbows, they might not be what you're looking for.

Grandpa

Sorry I missed this question earlier. Our local boy scout unit bought 4 kodiak tents about 10 years ago. These tents are used about 25 nights a year and all are holding up well. They are used in applications from desert sands to high mountains. I really don't know if they have had to withstand high winds or not, but they have never collapsed or been blown over. Our stakes are made from old potato chain, 3/4 inch rod, 18 inches long so this might add to the stability. Incidently, they also have one Springbar which is always the last tent to be chosen.