Anyone know about winter camping ?

vidit

i want to go for winter camping but i fear in winter because darkness is my weakness point and in winter dark is going to be early and felling very cold .
so please anyone know about winter camping so please tell me about it and give me your expirence.

thank you.

pavan

When planning a winter camping trip, especially if snow camping, remember that travel will be much slower than in the summer. Reduce your mileage goal by 50% to 60%. Daylight hours are fewer in the winter, which will also limit your time. Normal activities around camp take longer in cold weather.

sunny

Winter camping is so great and awesome. I went with my girl friend and its absolutely great. Go with your girl friend.

henry

I haven't tried it but heard its so great. Have to try it once. Any experience guys just post here about it.
Thanks

steven

while camping in winter.,. If you know you will be on snow of 2-3 foot depth, carry a snow shovel to aid in fixing a tent space and digging out a kitchen trench. Dig a trench about 2 feet deep and 2 feet wide. Sit on one side of the trench (on a pad), place your feet in the trench , and use the other side as a table top.

richy

Winter is a wonderful time to go camping, even in colder climates up north. Although many snowbirds may head south to do their camping in warmer locations, there are others who remain in the north to enjoy camping under true winter conditions.

anand

When planning a winter camping trip, especially if snow camping, remember that travel will be much slower than in the summer. Reduce your mileage goal by 50% to 60%. Daylight hours are fewer in the winter, which will also limit your time. Normal activities around camp take longer in cold weather.

slide

Actually i haven't tried it but i wil give you one suggestion, go a head and try it. Get rid of the fear by doing it.

tater03

I would love to try winter camping. Honestly though I am a freeze baby so what would you suggest when it comes to boots or sleeping apparatus? Thanks

mom2manyboyz

Winter camping is so great and awesome. I went with my girl friend and its absolutely great. Go with your girl friend.
I think she helped you stay warm. :)

I can't imagine winter camping. I get cold way too easily. I would be miserable.

tater03

It would be cold but I do think that the scenery would be awfully beautiful in the wintertime with the snow on the trees.

riskey58

winter camping

I have never been camping in the winter. I freeze in the winter so I don't know how good at this I would be. But I bet it could be fun.

SQuirrel

You just need to bring good clothes, a tarp so youre not in the snow, and good gear. In the morning the snow dampens sound, so everything is deathly quite when you wake up. BEUTIFULL!