Apple S'mores

OutdoorMomma

S'mores are a big part of any camping trip we take, it's a must have with kids, but I get sick of the standard, traditional s'mores. I found this a few days ago, and think I am going to have to try it next time we go.

Ingredients

apples
Hershey's chocolate bar, divided into squares
marshmellows

Preparation

1. Leave your apples whole, core them out with a melon baller, but
leave the bottom solid.
2. Drop two squares of Hershey’s into the hole, and seal it off with a large marshmallow.
3. Wrap in foil and cook in the coals like you would a baked potato.

If anyone has already tried these, please let me know if they were any good.

Cappy

We do this, but add butter, brown suger and nuts to the chocolate and marshmellows Take the same stuff and put on a banana too, we take off one peeling split banana and put the stuff on it then put in a foil boat and park on the bbq or in the coals for a treat das outa dis world:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

ponderosa

We've made the banana boats cappy described (use chocolate chips instead of hershey bars). We also used coconut, toffee bits, pb chips, & whatever else sounded yummy in the baking & candy sections.

Hikenhunter

We do a different variation, we core the apple, fill with raisins and brown sugar. Sometimes we add peanutbutter to the raisin and brown sugar mix and sometimes we don't. Either way it has become a must do on campouts with the grand kids. Another thing they love to do is pop Jiffy Pop popcorn over the fire.

Greatoutdoors

I am definitely going to have to try these! I love s'mores but it does get kind of old having the same old thing all of the time. The bananas sound yummy too!

OutdoorMomma

I was planning on trying the 'banana boat' too, it just sound so good I'm thinking peanut butter chips instead of chocolate though. Another thing we have done, and the kids loved was to take waffle cones, toss in some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, wrap in foil and let them warm up over the coals.

TakeAHike

I am not a huge S'mores fan but these variations sound amazing. I think that using an apple would cut back on the sweetness level which is what gets me about the original version.

BeJimmieWew

Where did you guys go? I want to take Jacob for the first time but I have no idea where to go.

What about apple dumplings? Theyre divine I can post the recipe if you want. They freeze really well.