AR-15

dinosaur

troublemaker
Got a new AR. It's a Smith and Wesson that is lighter than my Ruger 10/22. Absolutely amazing. I put a scope on it that cost almost as much as the gun (Bausch and Lomb optics). I sighted it in at 100 yards. I'm old so I'm not as good as I used to be but I can still manage 1/2 inch groups at that range. Anything out here that I shoot won't be more than 150 yards so I think I can hit it.

The gun has no recoil at all. It's like shooting a .22 bolt action rifle. I wouldn't have bought it but a buddy of mine left a $500 gift certificate for me at the local gun shop. With the goodies I purchased it cost me a few hundred more but it was a steal.

Pick it up, lay it up, find your target and squeeze. No recoil, target reacquisition is about one second. I love this gun.

I've taken squirrels at three hundred yards but that was a long time ago. This one puts me back in the game.

Just some meanderings from an old sniper.

jason

fear no beer
Did you pick up the sport model?

I have their 22 version. Fun as heck to shoot.

I have not shot their bigger version but have other ARs. I found the Ruger mini 14 in 300AAC to have a lot less recoil.

Sadly most of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident and are now lost in the gulf. :Wink2: