Are You Ever Afraid To Tent?

Dana

Earplugs usage might be a problem

Hey,
It is so quiet, what sound are you blocking out or is this is just a habit waering them at night?

CabinFreak

Hey,
It is so quiet, what sound are you blocking out or is this is just a habit waering them at night?
Dana,

It's a habit because I am a light sleeper and suffer from insomnia.I usually leave one ear plug not pushed into the ear canal as far as the other so I can hear a little sound.I love laying in my tent and listening to the night sounds but when I am ready for sleep,the earplugs are a must have.I mostly do solo camping and everybody says I am nuts for using them.

TroyS

Just came back from a camping trip with my boy. It was his first tent camping trip ever and mine in a very long time. The only camping trip that he's ever known was in a camper so he was quite edgy, and wasn't really able to sleep well during the weekend. Anyone can suggest about dealing about it when it comes to kids?

Dana

If you are blissfully happy with one ear plug while sleeping perhaps that is all that matters.

Gondor

A strong wind gives me the creeps sometimes, but quiet surroundings calm me down. I don't know why that is. I think maybe because of all the stupid movies I watched as a kid.

Dana

outdoor sounds

Hey,
Those scary movies do leave you with an overworking imagination. Growing up in Michigan countryside, I got used to customary sounds. There was an owl that used to appear in one of my bedroom windows occasionally - hard to get folks to believe one really showed up until one night they got in my room in time to see this owl staring into the room! It helped to have the family dog with me, usually.

Marshmallow

Those night sounds are amplified when you're in the great outdoors. The darker it is, the louder the sounds. I love hearing the insects, but I do dream up all sorts of scenarios with lions and tigers and bears, and snakes, of course.

Cappy

Not joking at all when I say i am actually more concerned at home than when in the woods. When camping i seldom ever keep a gun handy. I grew up in the swamp. At home every gun we own is loaded and handy.