Artifacts and Relics

mamabear

As a kid, my friends and I used to roam the woods and fields during the summer. One particular field yielded up many arrowheads and pieces of pottery that we considered treasures. Some of those arrowheads are beautiful and appear to be in perfect shape. I can just imagine using one on the end of an arrow. It would do some major damage.

wvbreamfisherman

Always seemed amazing to me just how many arrowheads we'd find in the bottomlands along the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers. Every season that the fields were plowed, it would turn up more of them. The Indians must have treated them like we treat .22 casings.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Always seemed amazing to me just how many arrowheads we'd find in the bottomlands along the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers. Every season that the fields were plowed, it would turn up more of them. The Indians must have treated them like we treat .22 casings.
Doesn't' surprise me considering how many arrows I've lost over the years with florescent fletching.

wvbreamfisherman

Doesn't' surprise me considering how many arrows I've lost over the years with florescent fletching.
That's true, but those fields must have been littered with them over the years. Each one a significant investment of time and effort. I haven't been back there for quite a while, but I bet there are still plenty of arrowheads to be pulled up.

Snuggles

What great memories you have brought to mind. There's one particular field that my dad used to plant corn in every year. Just after he plowed, I would scour that field looking for rocks and arrowheads. I found quite a few. Makes me want to go do it again.