BEAVER TAILS :-)

Northern Dancer

So...do you have a local "dish" or "specialty food" that is peculiar to your neck of the woods that you can share?

Something like...

What are BeaverTails?

BeaverTails are deep-fried dough pastries that are stretched to resemble the shape of a beaver's tail. So don't worry, no part of actual beavers are used! It is topped with either sweet or savory ingredients, but the classic BeaverTail is dipped in a combination of cinnamon and sugar.

3817 3818 3819 so sinful but so good.

Roybrew

Is that Ice Cream on top? Oh man that looks so good!

I guess around here it's peach and apple cobblers topped with ice cream.View attachment 3821 Uh oh, more ice cream. Wow I wish I had a desert... Sigh. I'm stuck here at work till 6am and the is no where to get any goodies.[emoji26]I did bring a root [emoji481] beer. Maybe I can pour it in with my oat meal and pretend IMG_20221221_215815205.jpg whaaa maybe someone will bring in some sweet yummy stuff? I'm going to look in the break.

The Great Outdoors

Roybrew

Oh my buddy just showed up, and look what he brought me. IMG_20221221_221438120_HDR.jpg some sugary coated pecans and a snicker doodle cookie.2a936d751de8a5f94da59df406518508-480-80.jpg of course looking like this helps.

The Great Outdoors

ppine

Forester
Beaver tail, moose nose, sheep ribs, elk backstrap.
The gourmet eating in the outdoors.

Nevada is a mining state. The Cornish miners brought their portable lunch the "pasty" to the state back in the 1860s. There is a great pasty shop in Elko near the Carlin Trend a massive ore body with many mines on it. There are sweet and savory varieties. I always stop there when in Elko for the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in early Feb.

Northern Dancer

Beaver tail, moose nose, sheep ribs, elk backstrap.
The gourmet eating in the outdoors.

Nevada is a mining state. The Cornish miners brought their portable lunch the "pasty" to the state back in the 1860s. There is a great pasty shop in Elko near the Carlin Trend a massive ore body with many mines on it. There are sweet and savory varieties. I always stop there when in Elko for the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in early Feb.
----->The National Cowboy Poetry Gathering? There's a story here - let's hear about it.

ppine

Forester
I have been going to "Poetry" since 1988. It is Nevada's best party. It lasts for over a week in the middle of nowhere in winter. It is the greatest gathering of horse culture in North America. We have guests from other countries. The western music is spectacular. The poetry is better than people expect. I have made lots of friends over the years including many famous performers. I recite poetry in the bars late at night on Commercial St, mostly Grateful Dead lyrics. Some of the best experiences of my life have taken place there.

Northern Dancer

I have been going to "Poetry" since 1988. It is Nevada's best party. It lasts for over a week in the middle of nowhere in winter. It is the greatest gathering of horse culture in North America. We have guests from other countries. The western music is spectacular. The poetry is better than people expect. I have made lots of friends over the years including many famous performers. I recite poetry in the bars late at night on Commercial St, mostly Grateful Dead lyrics. Some of the best experiences of my life have taken place there.
----->"Deadheads". Wow. You are such a talented and interesting person; something is always new and fascinating in your life to learn.