Best pot roast recipes?

Fall is the season when me and my husband start craving hearty foods like pot roast, chili, chicken pot pie, etc...

I have a pretty standard pot roast recipe--potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, and beef. My secret ingredient is a trick I picked up from my mother: apple sauce. It makes the meat more tender, and creates a natural gravy.

I'd love to try something new, though. What are your favorite pot roast recipes?

cabinfever

Hikenhunter, are you confusing this member with another? I only see three posts for blueridgelover and none of them say anything about being vegan. Maybe there is another member with a similar name?

basejump

Hikenhunter, are you confusing blueridgelover with fishbills?

For pot roast, I think the simpler the better. Meat, potatoes, carrots, and onion. I will add water to the bottom to add to the drippings, which at the end can be made into a nice homemade gravy. I like your idea of applesauce. I'm going to try that out sometime!

Hikenhunter

Hikenhunter, are you confusing this member with another? I only see three posts for blueridgelover and none of them say anything about being vegan. Maybe there is another member with a similar name?
How idiotic of me. It seems that I read this post and another late last night when I should have been catching some zzzzzzzzzzz's. I totally confused this poster with another whos name isn't even close and for this I apologize deeply.I hope there are I have not offended you blueridgelover.

No offense taken, you're good! I didn't realize that I'd duplicated an existing thread. I saw another that mentioned using instant potatoes as a thickener. Yet another recipe to add to the box...