Camping South Holston Lake Bristol Tn

Roybrew

I broke me deck off the front of canoe, sucked. My nephew is in his kayak. The chicken over the coats was great. I even cooked biscuits in the cast iron.

Roybrew

We drove into Damascus and outfitter took us to the Low Gap on 421 were we hiked back to town where we left truck. We hit the trail at 8:30 this morning and came off in Damascus about 4pm, and it was 14 miles. Maybe not to bad. The average was 7 hours, and we did in 7.5. The pic of both of us together was at the Tennessee and Virginia state line.

Roybrew

Awkward spot for hammock, but them coons and skeeters aren't going to bother me tonight. Setup on other side of camp site. Truck comes in handy.

Cappy

Looks like a good trip I dearly love to paddle. Just a lil advice on da chicken they way easier to cook if ya cut through the back bone and flatten them out. cook faster even heat easier to flip over and just as tasty there's a fancy name for it but we always just called it flat chicken

Roybrew

Thanks for advice cappy. I guess I'll have to admit, that chicken was already cooked at the grocery store where I got it... Oh the shame I bare. I didn't lie though. I was just warming it up.

Slept great the last night and didn't have any furry creatures climbing my tree. Got up and fished till about noon and packed it up. Nephew had to fly out this morning to his post in Utah. I sure had a great time camping and hiking with him.