Canning: Easy bread and butter pickles.

Cappy

The second batch is brining away and between times we put up 9 qts of stewed tomatoes. Love spring garden canning season.:Amen:

jason

fear no beer
I like Alton Brown's B&B recipe. My wife however likes my families dill recipe. Sadly the garden did nothing this spring as far as cucumbers go.

Grandpa

Our little seeds are starting to sprout. We put the tomatoes out a week ago and they survived the winter storms. We should be eating BLT's in a couple weeks. But any canning will be in August and September.

jason

fear no beer
Too hot here for most veggies. Even my Seminole pumpkins are having a rough time. End of August I can plant another warm weather crop. Fall tends to do a lot better then spring here. Plus we can roll right into cool crops.

Cappy

Our cucs are finishing up and we are keeping up with them by eating the late bloomers:). Our bush beans have been pulled up for a month now, and we have what will probally be the last batch of tomatoes on the table. So far 26 qt bags of green beans in the freezer, 3 gallons of squash and 2 gallons of zucs. 10 qut of pickles, 20 qts of tomatoes. Thats garden not fruit. We plant okra when we pull up the bush beans. Our seeds wwere old so only 19 of 40 came up and I am gonna replant teh missing ones this afternoon.
Jason there are several zone 10 summer garden things. All peppers do well in our heat and humidity, as do Okra. Our okra are jsut starting and will go strong till first frost, we have picked olra from july to december. There are also several beans that do well. If I can You can I am below the 30th too.:Flame:

jason

fear no beer
I am the only one who really eats okra in our family. Last year I had about five plants and filled up a few gallon zip lock bags. I can only eat so much of it. The Seminole pumpkins do well in the heat. I have a few grape tomatoes that pop up on their own every year. But I've cut back on them as the smallest one is allergic right now. I will be honest and haven't check on the yard long beans in a while. Oh and strangely enough I got some gourds that came up and doing well. Do not ever really remember planting any either.

Cappy

We truly love it when things pop up unexpectedly. We refer to them as volunteers. This happens kind of often in our compost/worm heap. This spring I added compost to our grape arbor. and while weeding it a few weeks ago I discovered what appeared to be a volunteer growing and beginning to vine up the trellis. Now among the ripening grapes in the trellis is growing a squashy looking vine with small squashy looking things beginning to grow. It's fun to see what they will become.