chat room

Cappy

Most of the forums I participate in have a chat room. They are very handy, specially if some of the regulars just keep it running in the back ground on their computers. I was told by 1 forum administrator that the chat rooms were a free service on the forum he had. Most of the ones that I visit are very slow but usually someone is around to answer questions or just visit:tinysmile_shy_t:

outwest

An IRC server is not that hard to setup and I am not sure how it works for VB on a forum but most forum software now lets you integrate chat into the with some type of script.

wvbreamfisherman

I made lots of friends in the old MSN Hunting and Fishing Chatroom. A bunch of us still get together for fishing and camping.

I miss it a lot since MSN first screwed up and then discontinued chat

Cappy

I found this FREE chat thingy on line on another forum. Since its slow over there now they have set up what they call 'happy hour' 5pm to 7 pm M-F if anyone is around they stop in. sometimes 2 or 3 folks sometimes more. Great way to swap info and stories.
Java Chat Software - AddonChat

jason

fear no beer
Tempting. I've done it in the past, but we are talking 10 or so years ago. Right now the software change over is the bigger thing on my mind. Then we can update servers, maybe make the site a bit quicker and not crash so much.