Cleaned out neighbors shop

campclose

My neighbor passed away a couple of months ago. Her sons told me to go over and help myself to anything that I wanted in the shop (they had already taken what they had wanted). I could not believe all the old tools, machetes, knives, etc. that they left. I took them - I don't want just anyone getting their hands on these weapons! Great find I would say. I can't wait to learn more about them!

oldsarge

Sorry about your neighbor, but great news on hearing about your finds.

Judy Ann

Sorry about your neighbor too, but I'm sure that they are tickled that you appreciate their treasures as much as they did.

carmen

Condolences for the friend as well, I know when we recently lost a neighbor their family asked us to help as well. It is good that you thought about the tools as weapons first before a collector item that you would just pawn off. I see too many people who are greedy when someone they know passes, good that you had your right thinking cap on!

hummingbird

There have been very few times in my life that I've been able to do that but I treasure each time that I have. I am sorry you lost a friend, but what memories you'll have with the things you have gathered.

Barney

I've never been so lucky but great for you! Sometimes the successors don't realize what they have inherited, while you as a neighbor can certainly do. :)

Gondor

I would love if you could post some pics of the tools, especially of those interesting old knives and machetes. You never know what you can find in an old shop like that.