Coleman

kimmy

How is coleman brand for general camp use? Will not be an everyday thing but once a month or two, maybe 4-6 times a year.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Are you kidding? The Coleman brand has been around for 115 years. Their coolers, lanterns and stoves are the absolute best for tailgate camping.

Bojib

Coleman offers a great bang for the buck type value. I've used their stuff for years, especially things like lanterns and stoves. They are reliable, easy to use and easy to repair.

Grandpa

Coleman makes excellent "bang for your buck" gear. Most is too heavy for backpacking but great for the occasional outing. I still prefer an early '70's Coleman bag for fall hunting Trips. Some tents are adequate but most may leak a bit.

briansnat

Platnium Member
Coleman products have a long history in the outdoors world. They do some things well. Their stoves and lanterns are proven winners for certain types of camping. Tents and canoes, not so much.

jason

fear no beer
I would classify them as a good family oriented brand. They may not be top of the line in everything, but they do ok for the person who goes out a few times a year.

I have been told the older lanterns and stoves are better as the metal is thicker. However, others have said the newer products are made due to consumer requests for lighter products.

I actually just bought a new tent that is a coleman. Just used it last weekend with the kids to see how they would like it. Was not bad, but I have used better tents. Got to admit the setup and take down was super easy.

Attachments

dinosaur

troublemaker
All I can tell you is that I have an old Coleman stove, two burner, gas. I watched my father pump it up to cook fish when I was about seven. I'll be sixty-seven in May and I'm still using it.

MacGyver

Can't knock Coleman for their canoes. I have a Scanoe that's over 30 years old. Yeah - they're plastic and heavy, but they do take a beating and keep going!