Covid 19

Cappy

God one Sarge. Hope you all coping. My ole wine making buddy came by and got 2 five gallon buckets of plums yesterday we were off to town doctor visits and drug store run and noticed one tree looked a lil bare on bottom. He barely scratched the surface plans to come back Saturday. I hope I feel good enough to help him pick at least that much more. It is a very good year for our plum trees and they are loaded branches touching the ground. Peg and I hope to get 5 gallons for our selves and make some more jam.

jason

fear no beer
A brief update, work hours have been official cut. No word on if I got the full time job, but I'm guessing not. Been keeping busy with yard chores. Ordered some veggie seeds and started what I had. A little late, but hopefully I can get the garden going soon. My fault for slacking on that. TP, cleaning supplies and such are still going fast. Things like bread and eggs are limited, but we have plenty of eggs. Wife just gave a few dozen to the church for their pantry box. A few of our renters are out of work due to this. We are doing our best to work with them. Don't need them worrying about a roof over their head. Kids are going crazy, which is driving us crazy. All their activities have been cancelled.

Roybrew

It's slowed drastically where I work. I took last week off, unpaid, and filed for Unemployment. Back to work this week. Hard to say for how long. But wife and I have kept busy around the house. Trying to avoid spending money. We took the boat out a couple of times last week. She's wanting to plant small garden patches around in the yard. We'll see how that goes.

Northern Dancer

....life has certainly changed in these parts too. I've been encouraged with the outpouring of legitimate efforts on behalf of people to reach out to others. Our governments have enacted new legislation to punish would-be thieves taking advantage of the situation.

As for me, I'm still working and in my leisure hours [there are a lot of them] prepare for trips like I ever never prepared before. I'm planning to finish the tent platform in the back and change the name of my backyard to "Wolves Gate" if need be.

Cappy

We havent been to the store in a while since our romaine and salad greens aren't ready for picking just yet I went in to buy a few things. Armed with wet ones and a firm absolve to not touch my face I noticed viral inflation had set in on several items. Guess its inevitable all I bought was greens coffee and a few other things but noticed my favorite beer was sold out and my favorite whiskey was 2$ more and only 2 jugs left luckily I am stocked up as usual. Weird gas cheap groceries high and ya not posed to be burning gas running the roads. Traffic was light and the grocery store wasn't crowded.

Grandpa

Grandma had a hankering for oranges so we ventured to town today. Our little family grocery store had a pallet of TP, a pallet of 25 # flour, and a pallet of 10 # sugar right inside the front door. There were a few empty shelves, most notably the easy fixing stuff, but all the necessities were there. A bright spot to this situation is some of these young wives may actually learn how to cook real food.

We got home and an hour or so later heard we had a 6.5 quake in central idaho. We didnt even feel it but others around here sure did.

jason

fear no beer
Well they closed the county parks now. Boat ramps are still open, but the FWC is cracking down on the idiots gathering at the sand bars and islands out there. So I expect next they will close the ramps. Need to make friends with someone with some waterfront to launch my canoe/kayak from. Or even better someone who has a boat!

Home depot was pretty busy yesterday. Looked like lots of people are just walking around the store as something to do.

Cappy

They said a while back that if ya hadda go out only one person go out to cut down on folks and inable distancing better. We have only done this like 3 times cause we dont go out much virus or not. Peg seems to really enjoy sittin in the car while I do the work though

Roybrew

Don't seen like much has changed in this neck of the woods. Wife and I took the boat out yesterday for a little fishing. Lots of people out on the lake. Caught a good mess of blue gills, but no crappie. Water temperature was 60 degrees. Maybe a little cool? Back to work tonight. I think the company told their customers that they'd better get their orders in cause their going to shut down in a week or so, that's what I think. Sure has been slow.

Cappy

Hang in there Roy its all we can do. I just heard some great news The burn ban we are under has been redefined to not include camp fires and bbq pits. Only bon fires trash fires and such. That was wonderful nows to me. Ole fire pit here I come! :beer3::Yo:

jason

fear no beer
I can honestly say I haven't left the yard recently, except to go for a walk with my dogs. Finally get to work tonight hopefully. But from what I'm told stores are starting to limit the amount of people in the store. Otherwise parks are still closed and not much else I know of has changed.

Grandpa

We shared our stock of rice with someone else. Our little local store just got another pallet in so we went to town and picked up a 25 lb. Bag. Grandma needed some computer work done so we headed to the city to meet our daughter so grandson can work her computer. Ended up giving her the sack of rice. We had a couple of other stores for stuff. Costco had tp stacked to the ceiling and seemed in good shape everywhere else. At another store we found a great deal on a 50 lb bag of rice. So now we can share some more. Bottom line, all the stores are stocked pretty good again. People were courteous, not many out, basically picking up necessities.

Cappy

we aint left in like 10 days and dont plan to for another week getting the yard straightened up still trimmed and much needed chores done. hanging in there.

jason

fear no beer
Not much has changed here. A few new cases in the area. Working the floor at HD I notice a lot of people who seem to come in to browse. They are now limiting the amount of people in the store. One way in the store, one way out. Online orders are way up. Even my friend at walmart who is supposed to be in charge of garden has been pulled away to do online orders and other things. Lots of people I see wearing masks now, even if they don't fit tightly against the face. Glove use is also rising.

Publix (supermarket) has setup arrows from what I've been told, allowing travel down the aisle one way. Don't know if they are limiting the number of people.

Roybrew

We have about 20 cases here in this county. This part of the state is fairly rural, so we're fortunate. We have stocked up a little on groceries, and coffee, and we go once a week. I hope it doesn't get any worse, but afraid it is just beginning here.

Y'all be safe.
Roy

jason

fear no beer
So today was interesting. I saw a guy in a full gas mask. Yes I mean gas mask with the big cylinder on it. Then you had people with masks on their chin, over the mouth but not nose, on the nose but not the mouth, or just pulled down completely to scratch, talk or in general. Publix is requiring employees to wear masks now. County is saying they will open some parks, including a water part that was a mine to annual pass holders only. I was also pulling an order in the garden are when about 10 cars came through honking their horns. At first I thought it was someone arguing over a parking spot as it was one car then a second after about 7 or 8 honks. And then another space before the third car honked. One of the ladies who was counting the amount of people in the store said the cars had signs on the windows saying "thank you". That is about it for my update. Hope all are safe and well.

jason

fear no beer
Parks are now open here. Restaurants have the option to open with limited seating. Mask use is about steady even when they just have it around their chin. Still seeing a lot of people out at night when I'm working. The number of people having driveway parties is the most I've ever seen compared to previous years.