Digital Calipers

Barney

In oppose to regular ones how good are these? I don't want to spend $15 or so for buying something that will die on me after few weeks.

Grandpa

Well my eyes aren't accurate enough to measure in thousands of an inch on manual calipers. And if you are smart enough to turn it off when putting it away, the battery lasts a long time as well. (I just dug mine out to check it. It was still turned on but the battery was dead) And even without the digital readout, you still can read the scale manually. So, yes, the digital is well worth the money over a manual.

dinosaur

troublemaker
If you need it, you need it. My manual caliper has a dial on it that acurately reads thousanths of an inch. This is very useful in sizing brass for reloads. But, I have a digital scale. It works well too.

Gondor

I went straight to digital caliper since I needed it for a project. They are a breeze to use and battery lasts a long time. Mine is no name brand but still good.

Barney

Thanks for the advice guys. I use manual version all the time but reading the tiny numbers is so annoying even besides good eyesight. I will follow your advices and get one (Amazon has a good one), thanks.