Do you teach someone your own kids ride?

Johnross

I have a child of 8 years old and the name is marryana. I'm looking for my 8-year-old girl riding show learning ideas. I am a qualified instructor and trailer, currently non-active as a professional, although I've spent many years in professionalism.
My daughter wants to ride and show, but does not seem to have the drive.
All serious suggestions are appreciated.

ppine

Forester
I teach kids to ride as a volunteer. We have emotionally troubled kids, and the horses teach them things we can't. You cannot instill the drive. They either have the passion or they don't. I currently have 4 Washo Indian kids in our class. They are really fun and have a great attitude about being around horses.

ppine

Forester
Just finished another class of 5. All were polite, quiet and respectful around our animals. One kid around 12 really likes Doc my favorite lesson horse a big buckskin QH gelding. I will call him Juan. When the other kids took a break to get water and snacks, Juan said to me "I don't want to leave my horse." He wanted to stay after class. He likes the smell of horses. He is not afraid but respects them. He could become a horseman.

Showing horses is a special sideline. I love horses and especially mules, but have no interest in showing It is not for everyone.