Does any one make a 9mm 1911

WalkinTall

There are a number of 9mm 1911 makers currently, and at a number of price points. I've been a member of another forum forum for about 5 years now, and it is the best 1911 forum on the web (that I've found). You'd be able to find all the information there you'd ever want or need to know.

Sorry WalkinTall, other forum links are prohibited
DC

Last edited by a moderator:

southerngal

There are several 1911 9mm in production now. I would send you a link to a web page for some, but I guess they aren't allowed. Just google it you'll get plenty of results.

outdoorchick

Several companies do make them. There is the Springfield EMP, Kimber Pro Aegis 2, and many others I am sure. I want a 1911 but not necessarily a 9mm.

wvbreamfisherman

The Browning Hi-Power was (one of?) J.M. Brownings last design(s?), so it can be thought of a a second-generation 1911. My personal opinion is that the ruggedness of 1911 design is wasted on a relatively puny round like the 9mm. You don't get a big increase in the number of rounds in the magazine either.

If I was going to get a 9mm, I'd get one that was designed around the 9mm cartridge.

CozInCowtown

I like a Hi-Power, carried one when I was working overseas for awhile till a 1911 arrived.
Depending on who you ask, the HP is an improved 1911 in 9mm. I don't see it but opinions are like....you know.
There are many great 9mms out there, if you like the feel of the 1911 and want one in 9mm then that might be a great combonation for you.

DC

dinosaur

troublemaker
I agree. The 9mm, .38, ,380, and .357 are all basically .35 caliber weapons. I like the .357 Magnum. But the 9mm Parabellum and the .380 are short rounds and just don't pack enough punch. I've always figured a 9mm was a good kid's gun. They're also ok for most women who can't handle a 10mm, .40 Smith, or my beloved .45 ACP.

Newanderthal

Springfield makes them. I just shy away from Springfield 1911's because they always make them look like Kimber knockoff's rather than coming up with their own look.