CozInCowtown;
USS Enterprise Starred In History And Film

The nuclear powered aircraft carrier USS Enterprise sits at
the pier as sailors move supplies and equipment in preparation
for the ship's final deployment.

Hi...

Excellent stories about excellent ships...!! GO NAVY...!! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Snuggles

Only a Star Trek fan would mourn the loss of the USS Enterprise. I am thrilled that there will be another Enterprise to take this one's place in the US Navy! I will always be a Trekki but this Enterprise is real!

Cappy

You do NOT hafta be a trecky to honor the name Enterprise. the name was chosen by star treck because it is an honored name in the naval tradition, stemming from even before there waS A us NAVY. I am a star trek fan but before that I was boat trash. As long as a man of the water walks this earth the good name Enterprise will not be forgotten.

For all of you who think the navy names ships after comic book space ships I offer this:

USS Enterprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BGreen

Cappy, I've been all over the Battleship USS North Carolina. That's about the biggest ship I've been on, but my uncle was in the Navy, and he was at Pearl Harbor. I never tired of hearing his WWII stories.

JeepThrills

I love touring old battleships. It is fascinating to see how things operated and how people lived on them. I'm glad the Enterprise will get another run.

Grandpa

I got to wander around the Lexington when visiting Corpus Christi. Also been on a couple of destroyers that are decommisioned and set up for tours. Sure would like to visit a battleship sometime.

Cappy

My Father was a plank owner on the Intrepid. As ya may know I am NOT a material wealth kinda guy almost a minimalist ya might say. One of my very few treasured posessions is the plank owners certificate, and visiting the museum is diffinately on my bucket list. Come to think of it it pretty much is my list:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum | New York City

wvbreamfisherman

I've toured the battleships North Carolina and Alabama, and also "Old Ironsides" (USS Constitution), and the destroyer Cassin Young at the Charlestown navy Yard in Boston.

I've also been on two WII subs (one at Moble, AL, and one at San Francisco) and a Liberty ship (also at San Francisco).

I didn't have time to go see the Hornet ( HOME PORT - Aircraft Carrier USS Hornet Museum ) at Alameda CA, the last time I was out that way, but it's on my list!