Favorite Equipment

Grandpa

My choices for bags, packs, tents and pads change with the seasons. Clothes, hydration and food choices change with the locations. I suppose the only constants are my pocket rocket, knife, first aid kit and my SPOT. SPOT is the passion. It saved a good friend from many serious operations and possibly even death. It's a shame the only #1 item for wilderness camping has to be a modern convenience, but in a pinch, I can make do with everything else.

ppine

Forester
I like my old red Kelty Tioga and purple Marmot sleeping bag. All of the backpacking equipment seems very familiar and personal. It is small and easy to handle. The new Helinox chair is getting used around the house because it is so light. It may end up on a bping trip.

ppine

Forester
I am even more attached to my old school canoe outfit. !951 OT Guide 18 in cedar and canvas, green Duluth packs and handmade paddles make me smile. Even the roll-up table and tarp bring up lots of great memories. What equipment lights you up when you look at it?

tramp

My snow peak trek 700. my lightheart gear so long 6 tent. my ula circuit pack. my marmot helium 15 deg. bag and my exped synmat ul 7 pad. all bring a smile to my face. had to work like a dog to afford them and thay serve me well. no substitute for quality gear.