Finally got away for a bit

MacGyver

The weather finally cooperated. We're something like 22 inches over the average for rainfall in September but we finally had a clear weekend. So, I jumped out to western Maryland for a weekend sanity saver and a trial run with some new gear. I discovered something very important. When you make comprehensive lists of what to take, always make sure you actually take it. Turns out I'd left my cot (the one I bought specifically to fit inside the large case), a kettle, a bowl, a mug and extra pants. But, on the other hand, I had 3 sweatshirts that I didn't need and enough dehydrated food for a 2 week trip.

But, all in all, it was great to get away. Drove 40 miles to WalMart to get an extra pad under my Thermarest and made do with the cookware that I did bring. The best part was that I did manage to do what I set out to do - everything I took fit inside the cab of the truck - nothing but some firewood in the bed. Now I can pack up the night before and not have to worry about some idiot deciding they want my stuff more than I do. (Someday I might actually live where that's not an issue.) Now looking forward to my gang's annual long weekend trip in a few weeks!

Water carrier forgot to show up for the photo op.