For those of you with kids

ianscampbell

Are you making sure that they grow up with an appreciation of spending time in the outdoors? My wife and I talk about this from time to time when we talk about the potential of having kids and it seems to be a big concern for the both of us because hiking, camping and backpacking is such a big past time for us.

Cappy

One of the greatest gifts you can give a child is a love and appreciation of Nature. Bring them from an early age and let tehm see the pleasure you get from being out doors. Earl;y and often feed their curiosity. If you do so it will be a great joy to you and your children.

Grandpa

I packed my oldest daughter into the Sawtooth Wilderness when she was 6 months old, with her husband when she married, and with each of her children. And that trend has continued through all my children, their spouses, their children, even through four generations. Not all continued backpacking, some are hardcore hikers, and some are content to stay in a campground. But all love the campfires, vistas, animals, and other natural attractions of the wilderness.