Going barefoot?

ChadTower

All you barefooters never had chickens running loose in the yard either:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Hate to count the times I barefooted through their leavings. **squish**

Heh, we did have bees where I grew up. Lots and lots of bees. I must have barefoot stepped on 1000 bees as a kid. After a while it's not much different than stepping on a sharp rock or a twig.

Reed

I remember when I was a kid I went barefoot a lot at summer camp. By the end of summer my feet were like paws. If you do it constantly, walking barefoot will make your feet tougher to where they handle sharp rocks and such.

Blazer

I don't even like walking around my house barefoot, never mind the trail. Even as a kid I never liked going barefoot. I would wear flip flops on my feet in the camp shower because I hated how the slimy floor felt on my feet.

I can't tell you how many times I stubbed my toe on the furniture in my house when I'm barefoot. Almost broke my middle toe on the otterman in my living room! I love my hiking boots.

carmen

I don't mind it for short walks but not a major hike. That guy kind of seemed a bit rude too. When I was a kid you could barely get shoes on me and I do prefer it, but I won't chance an entire hike on the idea that I won't run into something that shoes could better help me get through than just my good old little feet.

Rosepetals

Haha, that is funny in a way. I would never go barefoot hiking myself. There are too many rocks, sticks, and other sharp things. No thank you, haha.

Woodland

I'm usually barefoot around the house but not out in public. Trail or not trail there is a lot of garbage that you don't want to step on out there. I can usually walk on stones but can't imagine stepping on sharp rocks would feel too good.