got some new items..

SalRanger2

well id put my pics up but it wont let me do urls till i hav 15 posts... so im gonna post quick

IndianaHiker

Be careful buying new gear it can be habit forming. Yes I am a recovering addict.

Would put up photos of all my gear but that would be another website. Wonder if the domain "gearwhore.com" is available. However I have been doing better on this addiction since my favorite local retailer closed back a few months ago have any brought a new pack. Granite Gear Jalapeno. Great little 35 liter back by the way. Hmmm need new sleeping bag. NO must step away 4 sleeping bags is plenty.

SalRanger2

Be careful buying new gear it can be habit forming. Yes I am a recovering addict.

Would put up photos of all my gear but that would be another website. Wonder if the domain "gearwhore.com" is available. However I have been doing better on this addiction since my favorite local retailer closed back a few months ago have any brought a new pack. Granite Gear Jalapeno. Great little 35 liter back by the way. Hmmm need new sleeping bag. NO must step away 4 sleeping bags is plenty.
lol good advice, ill try to hold myself back a bit. actually i just ordered a new sleeping bag! its a slumberjack ultimate 20, i had enough mountain dew points to get it free! now just have to wait 8to10 weeks for it...

IndianaHiker

lol good advice, ill try to hold myself back a bit. actually i just ordered a new sleeping bag! its a slumberjack ultimate 20, i had enough mountain dew points to get it free! now just have to wait 8to10 weeks for it...
Sweet never knew there was a such thing as MT Dew Points. I could have had a ton of them. Had to give that stuff up last physical my triglycerides were high and the doctor said to lighten up on the sugar. No I am getting healthier but crankier.

SalRanger2

Sweet never knew there was a such thing as MT Dew Points. I could have had a ton of them. Had to give that stuff up last physical my triglycerides were high and the doctor said to lighten up on the sugar. No I am getting healthier but crankier.
yea its like a limited time offer they have going, for outdoor gear and such
https://www.dewoutdoors.com/index.cfm
yea im trying to not drink as much, not going the greatest but better ha...

SalRanger2

Hi...

The cup looks like a take-off on the WW II Military canteen cup. It should do okay...just don't overheat it...!!
ok great thanks!! im going to try and make a alcohol stove out of a pop can and use the cup as a pot for water/food.

Johnny

Nice day pack or maybe a bug out pack or similar purpose pack. I used such canteen cups before and they are fine. You should be fine with any aluminum. But I prefer simpler cup designs.

SalRanger2

Nice day pack or maybe a bug out pack or similar purpose pack. I used such canteen cups before and they are fine. You should be fine with any aluminum. But I prefer simpler cup designs.
thanks yea i really like it! its super comfortable, i wore it today hiking a few short miles trying to break in some boots and i love it!

ok cool about the cup, i was a little worried about it haha. yea i think ill check out some more cookwear at the sporting goods store sometime soon and see what else i can get

IndianaHiker

thanks yea i really like it! its super comfortable, i wore it today hiking a few short miles trying to break in some boots and i love it!

ok cool about the cup, i was a little worried about it haha. yea i think ill check out some more cookwear at the sporting goods store sometime soon and see what else i can get
I see the addiction has began welcome to the club.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Dana

Have you used great looking stuff yet?

Some of you are very proud of new equipment - have you put that all to use yet and how did it work out?

SalRanger2

Some of you are very proud of new equipment - have you put that all to use yet and how did it work out?
backpack worked great! havent tried the canteen/cup though..
ive also got a hydration bladder i can throw in my new backpack, its made to have one slip in. definitely going to try that next time

SalRanger2

Yeah same here, I have become a gear addict. Nice pack. It looks a little small. Is it a day pack?
yea its pretty small, id say its a day pack. i just needed something so it works good for me. i could fit a decent amount of stuff in it though.