Got to love the changes.

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
One week ago I was in short sleeves changing out solar panels and batteries in/on the camper. Today it's jacket weather and time to put the lawn chairs away. Winter is coming!20220106_061748.jpg20211129_161119.jpg20211021_105425.jpg

20220106_061748.jpg

Last edited:

Roybrew

That is some serious looking equipment Thomas. Big solar panel also, or does it just look big? With the solar and battery system and a full can of propane, I'd say you could go off grid for quite some time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
That is some serious looking equipment Thomas. Big solar panel also, or does it just look big? With the solar and battery system and a full can of propane, I'd say you could go off grid for quite some time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Roybrew, how are you?!
Panel isn't large, it's a 100 watt panel. The batteries are both 100 amp hour LifePo4 lithium. That's plenty to stay out awhile, but the thing I'm most excited about is, both batteries have built in heaters that draw off the battery itself. This is suppose to make discharge and charging more efficient and able to do at low temps without causing damage to the batteries. WE'LL SEE!
Camper came with an 11 lbs propane tank, I've expanded that with a 20 lbs tank as well. That does make it capable of staying out awhile. So far longer than we've stayed out. We carry 10 gallons of fuel and that allows the IQ2000 generator to run for as long as we could want that as well, but the generator is seldom needed or used. 20+ years as a Paramedic and all that lifting and carrying and crawling g around on my knees is making me feel old. That is the reason I've given up (not wholly) on tent and hammock camping. This camper makes us live out of it instead of most campers that you can live in them. But as my body continues with arthritis and other old people diseases, I may have to down grade at some point to a cushy camper. YIKES, let's hope I have a few years left before that!