"Gots My Camp Stuff"

Roybrew

Let's see [emoji848]. You don't need 2 hatchets or fly swatters. The chips will be good to roll the battered fish fillets in. The rubber snake can be a load of fun when you shove it in your buddies sleeping bag. Of course down here in the south, where some people take snakes very serious, you could get shot by your buddy for pulling a prank like that. I guess that's where the saying, "What Happens at The Lake Stays at The lake," comes from. Your buddy can just claim you were playing with his gun and it went off.

(The Great Outdoors)

ppine

Forester
I rarely use an axe or a saw to build fires. I like to just stuff long piece into the fire.
If people are drinking, I hide any axes around. Some people in my age group are on blood thinners. The last thing I want to see is someone put an axe in their foot a long way from help.

Roybrew

It could be a real nasty situation if a person wacked themselves with a hatchet or ax. I made a leather cover for the blade of my hatchet cause I use the hammer side to drive tent stakes. I'd rather wonk my head then slash it open.

(The Great Outdoors)

Northern Dancer

I rarely use a hatchet though I have two of them. I tend to use my knife for cutting up wood for the fire. My experience is that when I'm tripping I don't see the necessity for an axe of any kind. I do have a saw though.

The conglomeration of items is really part of a new *Kim's game. You give the participant a few moments to view the picture and then take it away. You then ask how many items they can recall. Or, you can change it by asking them to identify more than one item that is the same. It is to promote observation skills. There's a whole bunch of other little challenges that are designed to help people focus.

Don't ya just luv this stuff?

*Kim's Game is a game or exercise played by Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides, the military, and other groups, in which a selection of objects must be memorized. The game develops a person's capacity to observe and remember details.

Roybrew - sometimes in this neck of the woods you need two swatters. One for the skeets and one for the dflys.
:Rolleyes: