GPS or mobile phone

Roybrew

I like texting because I don't have to talk to who ever on the other end. I remember when I was a teenager talking to girls on one of those phones with a cord, 50 years ago. Look what kind of trouble that can cause a guy, eiser to say "no and go away" in a text. Ya.. look happened with having to talk to em... get married, have a couple daughters, drama drama drama. Then I feel like a bleeding ATM machine. Cases of girly stuff in the bathrooms, Ya know how many time I had to go to the store to get,,, stuff! Wow sometimes I wonder if I lost my sanity. Anyhow do do doo I'm OK . Gps. If that app can work with out a cell tower signal, I might try it. Camping trip in 2 weeks. Good time to try it out.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, I'm glad you're getting to go camping. As far as the marriage thing goes, with the daughters and the girly stuff and the drama and the cash machine; you knew the job was dangerous when you took it. God bless ya' and have fun.

Roybrew

Yes sir, the camping was nice. The kids growen up now, my youngest girl is 30 and doing alright.

I never did purchase the GPS app. I figured I knew where I was at and wouldn't get lost. If I ever get the opportunity to get out somewhere that I need a GPS, I won't trust a mobile app. I will have compass and good GPS unit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RelaxedMale

Camping Blogger
I guess I am one of the rare phone users I normally will download an offline map for those times that I might be in the before cells. I still find plenty of them in Oklahoma and Texas Panhandle

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
Being an antique old fart I typically look at a MAP and some times a satellite Google view before I leave home then review the paper map and sometimes use a compass at the trail head; before go exploring the existing trails...
Had a Garmen once; threw it away, unused, there is no cell or WiFi service where I prefer to camp so I don't typically bring a phone except; a 3/4 trashed old one to feed music from its auxiliary memory chip to the portable Bluetooth speaker.... using a junk phone for music helps keep my good phone undamaged.

Last edited: