Grandfather Mtn N. Carolina

Roybrew

Went to Grandfather Mtn today, we didn't expect this. Easy 2 hour drive and we arrived
we stopped at lower parking lot, and hiked .4 miles up to the 1 mile high bridge. We could've drove, but this was more fun, we had no idea.
It was cool and windy as we started on the trail
wife checking out a cave. We could hear the wind whistling through the girders on the bridge
the wind was rough on her hair. It normally doesn't stick out like that unless she gets mad. The views were great
floor on bridge.
we are going to leave the bridge and head for the top of this mtn. cake walk...... ha.

See next part.

Roybrew

Correction due to stupid type set, it was 4 tenths of mile from parking lot to bridge.
we had to fill out a trail registration, so they know who they search for if you don't return, ha. So we started the trail up
eh not bad. Going to get better, I hoped.
there were a few signs that said to be back at your by 5pm.
we going to top of this "little" hill.
it didn't get any better than this, Really!
a cable to scale this slope?
this is becoming more challenging. I can't believe we paid money to endanger our lives. Going to bed it's late, I finish this in the morning. I need drugs my legs hurt.

Roybrew

We started the climb
Maybe last one? Nope a couple more, and then it was back to being a Billy goat
there was about 7 or so ladders within a half mile.
The top.
on our way down
it was around 2 and half miles out, but all the bolder hopping, rock scaling, and ladder climbing made it seem farther. We have day hiked parts of the Appalachian trails, and lots in the Smokey Mtn. but this type of climbing was new to us. The trail went on to another peak, but that was all I wanted that day.
another ladder in the distance that continued on. Ladder is on the left side of rock.
Thank for lookimg.